Are My DAT Scores Competitive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grb2sos

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN members. I took my DAT late July and thought that my scores were very competitive but since visiting this site in the past couple weeks it seems as though everyone does exceptionally well. Some people have even stated receiving 27s, 28s, and 29s in certain sections. Anyways, my scores were:

BIO: 21
GCHEM: 19
OCHEM: 25
READING: 19
QR: 20
PAT: 21

AA: 21
TS: 21

Also, for those of you reading this preparing to take your DAT, i think it is important to note that you can never fully prepare for the test. I read my entire OCHEM and GCHEM college text books, used the dat destroyer, (except for the OCHEM portion. It was insanely hard and would have taken weeks to go through and understand everything), and crack the dat. I also read Cliff Notes AP Biology and read through Cliffs Quick Review Precalculus. Point being, one thing I would have done over is try to prepare myself for simply being lost with some questions. It is very hard, after studying for months and wanting to succeed so badly, to just read a question, not know it, and move on.

One last thing to mention is that i consistently scored 22 and 23 on the crack dat reading and obviously scored lower on the actual DAT. What this means is that i let the stress get to my head and felt nearly illiterate during that section. Just relax and stick to your game plan, whatever that may be.

Good Luck to everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Hello SDN members. I took my DAT late July and thought that my scores were very competitive but since visiting this site in the past couple weeks it seems as though everyone does exceptionally well. Some people have even stated receiving 27s, 28s, and 29s in certain sections. Anyways, my scores were:

BIO: 21
GCHEM: 19
OCHEM: 25
READING: 19
QR: 20
PAT: 21

AA: 21
TS: 21

Also, for those of you reading this preparing to take your DAT, i think it is important to note that you can never fully prepare for the test. I read my entire OCHEM and GCHEM college text books, used the dat destroyer, (except for the OCHEM portion. It was insanely hard and would have taken weeks to go through and understand everything), and crack the dat. I also read Cliff Notes AP Biology and read through Cliffs Quick Review Precalculus. Point being, one thing I would have done over is try to prepare myself for simply being lost with some questions. It is very hard, after studying for months and wanting to succeed so badly, to just read a question, not know it, and move on.

One last thing to mention is that i consistently scored 22 and 23 on the crack dat reading and obviously scored lower on the actual DAT. What this means is that i let the stress get to my head and felt nearly illiterate during that section. Just relax and stick to your game plan, whatever that may be.

Good Luck to everyone
Are My DAT Scores Competitive?
What do you think?

The reason I am curious is because i don't know anyone else at my university attempting entrance into dental school so i have no point of comparison besides the internet. On the orgoman website, as well as on SDN, a lot of people seem to score very very high on the sciences. I guess what im really asking is "will someone please reassure me i have done fine so i don't stress for the next two months before hearing back from any schools."

as long as your gpa is not too bad and based on the number of schools that you applied to then yeah your def. more then competitive with those dat scores

Members don't see this ad :)
The reason I am curious is because i don't know anyone else at my university attempting entrance into dental school so i have no point of comparison besides the internet. On the orgoman website, as well as on SDN, a lot of people seem to score very very high on the sciences. I guess what im really asking is "will someone please reassure me i have done fine so i don't stress for the next two months before hearing back from any schools."

You just saw the selected high scores posted on SDN and on Orgoman's site.

That's how he sells his DAT Destroyers.

Do you think anyone would buy his books if he posted testimonials of students scoring 15s? " Thanks to DAT Destroyer, I got a 15AA!"

Exactly.

Just look at your AA percentile and think for yourself if you're competitive or not.

If you cannot do the math I will do it for you...

A 21 AA is approx. 92-94 percentile. That means if 12,000 people take the DAT for this application cycle then 7% scored higher than you in the entire nation! So only 840 people did better and over 5000 people get into dental school. So....yes...your DAT score is competitive.