Are my DAT scores good enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LVFT7774

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I realize lots of people ask this question but unfortunately I have no idea if these are scores I should apply with. I am a Canadian student, plan to apply out of country as I won't be able to meet GPA requirements here. Can't post an accurate GPA as I've only completed two years. Will be back once I'm closer to finishing my degree.

RC: 19
Bio: 20
Chem: 19
TS: 19
AA: 19
PAT: 24
MDT: 15

Members don't see this ad.

They are slightly below average for matriculating students.

Reactions: 1 user
You are a 2nd year undergraduate student who took the DAT and got a 19 AA, 19 TS and 24 PAT? If I am understanding this correctly you achieved something pretty amazing for your education level. Since you are still so young I think you have plenty of time to improve your GPA if you don't think it is high enough. For the U.S. your scores are a bit below average but you have so much time to retake it! I am assuming you haven't taken many of the upper-division classes you need for the DAT so try to learn as much as possible when you are enrolled in those classes. Just study a little more for the DAT and now you have the experience of what the test actually feels like. I am almost certain with 3 months of additional studying you would get 23+ AA.

Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, I realize lots of people ask this question but unfortunately I have no idea if these are scores I should apply with. I am a Canadian student, plan to apply out of country as I won't be able to meet GPA requirements here. Can't post an accurate GPA as I've only completed two years. Will be back once I'm closer to finishing my degree.

RC: 19
Bio: 20
Chem: 19
TS: 19
AA: 19
PAT: 24
MDT: 15
What's MDT?

What's MDT?

Manual Dexterity Test. It's a part of the Canadian DAT but only looked at by 1 or 2 Canadian schools. Other Canadian schools (and all US schools) ignore it.
To the OP, by the time you get around to applying to US schools, your DAT scores might expire. Most US schools consider DAT scores that are either 2 or 3 years old. Something to keep in mind while you plan out your next two years.
Also, if you still have two years left, you can still meet the GPA requirement for University of Western Ontario (they only look at best 2 years). Get a ~3.9 to be competitive.

Good luck.

Im new here, not sure if I'm posting the right way, my apologies in advance.
I just took the DAT and I wanted to know if anyone could please give some feedback on DAT, GPA, and possibility of getting into dental school.

GPA 3.3
sciGPA 3.2

DAT Scores
PAT 17
QR 18
RC 22
BIO 22
GC 24
OCHEM 22
TS 22
AA 22

Non traditional student. Six years in the army before starting college.
Can you guys give me some straight forward advice, can you tell me where I stand?
What my chances are of getting into dental School with the above stats?

Thank you!

I just took the DAT and I wanted to know if anyone could please give some feedback on DAT, GPA, and possibility of getting into dental school.

GPA 3.3
sciGPA 3.2

DAT Scores
PAT 17
QR 18
RC 22
BIO 22
GC 24
OCHEM 22
TS 22
AA 22

Can you guys give me some straight forward advice, can you tell me where I stand?

Thank you!
Probably a punchers chance? I've seen a good amount of people get in with those stats, but it's not a "guarantee".

Reactions: 1 users

GPA 3.3
sciGPA 3.2

DAT Scores
PAT 17
QR 18
RC 22
BIO 22
GC 24
OCHEM 22
TS 22
AA 22

Thank you!
the only thing hurting you is your gpa/PAT. With great ECs you will get interviews because of your TS/AA DAT.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you!
I am trying to get into NYU, or NOVA... What chances do you think I have?
well im not the guy to ask that, unfortunately. I'm only applying to midwestern schools; sorry

Thank you!
I am trying to get into NYU, or NOVA... What chances do you think I have?
NYU and NOVA are great choices for your stats.

나의 XT1575 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Never take MDT if you are trying to get into USA.