Are my old Examkracker/Kaplan prep. books still useable?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pnain001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to start studying for the MCAT (2nd attempt) since my old scores have lapsed. I have a 5th edition (2003) set of Examkracker text books and was given a 2006 printing of the Kaplan course books. I was wondering if the content of the MCAT test has changed substantially enough that it would warrant buying new editions (Particularly the Examkracker books). After looking at the info. supplied on the AAMC page I'd suspect the answer is no, but was wondering if anyone who has seen the newer editions of these texts would think differently. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

The first thing I'd do is make sure you're ready to apply within the next year or so. You don't want your scores to expire again. Your EK books should be fine. Kaplan has had a revision, but content wise they're as good now as they used to be (i.e. there are FAR better sources). Make sure you pick up some new practice passage material and practice FLs.