Are My Scores/GPA/Hours Competitive Enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MHaddad715

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys! I was looking to get an idea from people if my scores/GPA are strong enough to get accepted into any of the following schools

Cumulative UG GPA: 3.42
Observation Hours: ~110 hours (currently working at PT Office)
GRE: 156 Q/148 V/4.5 Essay

Kean Pre-req GPA: 3.59
Rutgers South Pre-req GPA: 3.63
Seton Hall Pre-req GPA: 3.64
College of Staten Island Pre-req GPA: 3.42
LIU-Brooklyn Pre-req GPA: 3.51
Arcadia Pre-req GPA: 3.56 or 3.62 (depending on if they take one of my other classes)

I have heard some people who have GPAs in the same ballpark as I who have gotten rejected by multiple schools or that the # of observation hours I have accumulated is nowhere near enough.

Any thoughts (and words of advice/prayers) are greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello guys! I was looking to get an idea from people if my scores/GPA are strong enough to get accepted into any of the following schools

Cumulative UG GPA: 3.42
Observation Hours: ~110 hours (currently working at PT Office)
GRE: 156 Q/148 V/4.5 Essay

Kean Pre-req GPA: 3.59
Rutgers South Pre-req GPA: 3.63
Seton Hall Pre-req GPA: 3.64
College of Staten Island Pre-req GPA: 3.42
LIU-Brooklyn Pre-req GPA: 3.51
Arcadia Pre-req GPA: 3.56 or 3.62 (depending on if they take one of my other classes)

I have heard some people who have GPAs in the same ballpark as I who have gotten rejected by multiple schools or that the # of observation hours I have accumulated is nowhere near enough.

Any thoughts (and words of advice/prayers) are greatly appreciated!
I think that you seem pretty competitive for those schools. Good luck!!!

Your GPA looks generally above average and your GRE is average, but definitely not terrible. As long as you get the minimum number of observation hours, your hours are fine. A lot of PT schools focus on the diversity of your hours anyways rather than the number. If you have a good essay that makes you stand out, then you should have no problem at getting at least a couple of interviews!