Are online classes counted in your amcas gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are online classes counted in ur amcas gpa?

Members don't see this ad.

Wow...good question. Probably, if it's an accredited online school (like University of Phoenix), no?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do u know of any good places to take one from?

NRAI2001 said:
Do u know of any good places to take one from?

Check out UC Berkeley. They have an extension program that offers online courses. They are inexpensive too.

Wow, back in the day, wish I could have taken some fun online classes for credit. :(

SpiritiualDuck said:
Check out UC Berkeley. They have an extension program that offers online courses. They are inexpensive too.

Cool thanks.

Lots of schools offer online courses as part of their regular cirriculum (I went to RIT and I know they offer tons of "distance learning" courses). And they're not all easy - Online Biochem kicked my butt!

~H

hsouth said:
Lots of schools offer online courses as part of their regular cirriculum (I went to RIT and I know they offer tons of "distance learning" courses). And they're not all easy - Online Biochem kicked my butt!

~H

A lot of schools offer "Distance Learning" as part of the normal curriculum. I've found that in some ways the online courses are more difficult, the professor can't see the "WTF" look on your face. Most of the time I had to return to the campus to take the final exam. Some classes didn't require this...the workload is much greater too at some of the online classes.