Quantcast

Are online classes counted in your amcas gpa?

BeMo Free Repeat™ On Us + 5 Med School Challenge
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are online classes counted in ur amcas gpa?

B

Blade28

Wow...good question. Probably, if it's an accredited online school (like University of Phoenix), no?

Fermata

Hold me.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Blade28 said:
Wow...good question. Probably, if it's an accredited online school (like University of Phoenix), no?

They appear on your transcript so I'm inclined to say they do.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do u know of any good places to take one from?

SpiritiualDuck

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
NRAI2001 said:
Do u know of any good places to take one from?

Check out UC Berkeley. They have an extension program that offers online courses. They are inexpensive too.

B

Blade28

Wow, back in the day, wish I could have taken some fun online classes for credit. :(

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
SpiritiualDuck said:
Check out UC Berkeley. They have an extension program that offers online courses. They are inexpensive too.

Cool thanks.

hsouth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lots of schools offer online courses as part of their regular cirriculum (I went to RIT and I know they offer tons of "distance learning" courses). And they're not all easy - Online Biochem kicked my butt!

~H

thewzdoc

Ah Newton...how quaint.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hsouth said:
Lots of schools offer online courses as part of their regular cirriculum (I went to RIT and I know they offer tons of "distance learning" courses). And they're not all easy - Online Biochem kicked my butt!

~H

A lot of schools offer "Distance Learning" as part of the normal curriculum. I've found that in some ways the online courses are more difficult, the professor can't see the "WTF" look on your face. Most of the time I had to return to the campus to take the final exam. Some classes didn't require this...the workload is much greater too at some of the online classes.