Are osteopathic medical schools also on this absurd PC train?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OsteopathyBlues

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know political discussions are usually not encouraged on this forum. I understand why, and it is not my intention to start a flamewar. However... I recently got done with an interview at a school I will not name and my interviewer was acting plain unprofessional regarding my home state of Idaho (one of the overwhelmingly red states outside of the south) during the interview. At one point the professor made a random comment about making a bet, but "the last time he bet was on the election, and he lost money on that one!" When I got up to leave he said, "Tell all my friends in Idaho I said hi, there wont be many". I almost want to call the school and tell them. If I were black and from Washington and a professor said that to me I may likely have grounds to get them fired - especially in today's climate. Are medical school professors really catering to this bull going on at most American universities with its grievance and victimhood cultures? I feel like that is the absolute last thing we need to be teaching our student doctors - imagine your doctor telling you that you are fine just the way you are when you are 45 pounds overweight. God save America and its terribly unhealthy populace if doctors fear facing lawsuits for telling their patients that their lifestyle may lead to their early death. Someone tell me it ain't so.

Members don't see this ad.

You are making some huge leaps in stating that an interviewer's opinion on politics somehow determines that physicians are being trained to not tell patients what is healthy. You likely have some political assumptions about things that you should reconsider.

Reactions: 7 users
You are making some huge leaps in stating that an interviewer's opinion on politics somehow determines that physicians are being trained to not tell patients what is healthy. You likely have some political assumptions about things that you should reconsider.
I am making that comment on the grounds that my assumption of medical schools becoming liberal indoctrination zones (much like the majority of undergraduate universities have become) is true.
On what grounds do you make yours?

I think you may have misinterpreted my comment - or question rather.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
:troll:

Also mods- this is posted in both allo and osteo.

It is a general medical school question, if there were such a section I would post it there. Where would the appropriate place be to post it?

It is a general medical school question, if there were such a section I would post it there. Where would the appropriate place be to post it?
Kind of sounds like an interview/pre med thing honestly. Regardless it sounds like you had kind of an asshat interviewer that didn't like Idaho. I don't think it's quite as big of a deal as youre making it though.

Reactions: 1 user
Cross the school off your list. Chances are that you are waitlisted from them. It's a mutual understanding. I also had a really weird interview during my cycle. Who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.