Are PCAT classes worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boredstephanie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't exactly looked into it yet but are PCAT classes in your opinion worth taking? How much are they usually? From what I've read here, the Dr.Collins is a good study guide for the PCAT but I was thinking about also taking a class. My friend who is premed took a MCAT class but she said she didn't feel it was worth it. I'm not sure if its similar for the PCAT though. Also, how long does it take to get the results back for the test? I saw on another thread that taking it early summer would be good so I can retake if I don't do well but I wanted tog ive myself more time to study and so was planning tot take it in september...anyway, advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't exactly looked into it yet but are PCAT classes in your opinion worth taking? How much are they usually? From what I've read here, the Dr.Collins is a good study guide for the PCAT but I was thinking about also taking a class. My friend who is premed took a MCAT class but she said she didn't feel it was worth it. I'm not sure if its similar for the PCAT though. Also, how long does it take to get the results back for the test? I saw on another thread that taking it early summer would be good so I can retake if I don't do well but I wanted tog ive myself more time to study and so was planning tot take it in september...anyway, advice would be greatly appreciated!

That really depends on your study habit and motivation. If you are consistent in your study habit and never really had any trouble with your general lower division classes, you should be fine without a PCAT class. My advice to you would be to buy those practice pearson pcat tests, and determine if you need additional help on studying for pcat.

Back when I took pcat, you get the test score right after you finished your test. Then they will send you an official score in a month. I would try to aim for an earlier date for PCAT exam, so you can complete your pharmcas app earlier.