are people typing their secondaries or hand-writing them??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

michmaki

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I will type them, I just hope that our old crappy typewriter still works

Members don't see this ad.

do a search for this topic... it already has a thread...

most are online aren't they...so you just fill them in electronically. what schools send them on paper?

Members don't see this ad :)
i handwrote mine. i was careful though -- photocopied the apps first so i could practice once. my handwriting's pretty nice too, if i do say so myself.

I think this topic has an illustrious history, feel free to do a search for it. :D

I hand wrote my electronic apps... :confused: now I'm trying to clean the ink off of my monitor... Doh!!!

:D

On a side note, should we staple or paper clip the secondary pages together?

Having spent more time than I want to think about in a corporate office, I would recommend the paperclip. Staples express rigdity and uptightness, whereas the humble paperclip expresses its flexibility with great flair! So simple, so modest, and yet - so elegant. :D

Seriously, tho, it just means no irritating staples for some poor person in the admisstions office to deal with; no ripped pages, etc. They probably xerox the bejebus out of these things, and then when they're done, they can stapl it if they want. I personally trust them to not lose my pages ... this is just my opinion. Anyone else ???

I handwrote mine and sent them in with coffee circles on them.

The division director I worked for HATED getting handwritten essays -- he thought it looked sloppy and indicated that the applicant just didn't care. I can't say this is true for other adcomm members, but I don't think you'll go wrong by typing them.

As for the all-important staple/paperclip question, I prefer staples. Papers slip in and out of paperclipped documents easily -- you could end up with part of another application and they'll end up with yours. I do appreciate Paws' concern for the admin staff -- there is plenty of photocopying to be done -- but as a former administrator myself I prefer the certainty of the traditional staple.

Type your secondaries, and use hunter green ink. Make sure to use an obsucre archaic language like Sanskrit.

However, it is permissable to hand-write your secondaries if you use hyroglyphs from the Third Dynasty. Be sure to make your own papyrus.

;)

i hate secondaries...

I used a crayon and fingerpaints.

I can't believe these questions. Seriously though, if an admissions decision is going to be made based on whether you typed or hand-wrote, do you really want to go to that school anyway?

Anyone wanna buy a carrier pigeon?

the writing sample isnt the most important part???

I agree with Cydney Foote. Staple your secondary apps and if at all possible, try to type it since it looks more neat and professional. Plus, as stated previously, a lot of secondaries are online nowadays. Also, remember that it is the quality and substance of the responses that really counts!!!! Good luck!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: