Are photos necessary??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TO MD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It says they are optional in the secondaries...

But is it better to submit a photo? I don't have a professional looking photo which is why I ask :s

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

go to walgreens and get a 2 hour photo done. Get the 6 passport photo deal and get some negatives just in case you need more. Very simple you don't have to look glamorous, this ain't no photoshoot, you ain't tryin to get a part in a movie.

It says they are optional in the secondaries...

But is it better to submit a photo? I don't have a professional looking photo which is why I ask :s

Thanks!

Get some photos. Pretty much all of my secondaries required them. Even the ones that had an "optional" photo required we had to send in a photo once receiving an interview invite. I'm sure you will need them.

And you might as well send them in now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah well they don't really want ugly doctors..so you might want to get them.

I never submitted photos if they were optional. I'm not photogenic - people often look at a picture of me and look back at me and tell me that it's not my best picture... they'd be surprised. ;) I think I tend to get a panicked look as soon as I know a photo is coming.

I was accepted at two schools where I didn't submit a photo (they were optional).

I didn't have anything professional done, didn't even bother to go find the digital copy of my senior pictures. I just found one from Facebook where I had a great smile and a nice top, cropped out my friend (sorry, Kate!), and adjusted the size. Done.

Yeah well they don't really want ugly doctors..so you might want to get them.

i wondered about this lol. The interviews I have been on, some of the students were quite attractive :cool:. I think they might actually, even if subconsciously picking those who are all around, smart, in shape, and decent looking. They want doctors to be the perfect human! aww crap, i'm boned :rolleyes:

i wondered about this lol. The interviews I have been on, some of the students were quite attractive :cool:. I think they might actually, even if subconsciously picking those who are all around, smart, in shape, and decent looking. They want doctors to be the perfect human! aww crap, i'm boned :rolleyes:

Thank god for plastic surgery/photo shop/make up.

You can get like 10 photos for $10 at Rite Aid. That's what I did. And I scanned one in for the ones that require an e-photo.

If it's optional, it's optional. However, in some cases, even if you're not photogenic, a picture may help them put a face to the app and that usually helps.