Are physicians really advocating for a cap on travel nurse pay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Proudfather94

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
There's nurses on TikTok claiming that part of the 200 signatures on the bill to investigate travel nurse agencies and potentially cap travel nurse pay are physicians. Why would physicians be up for this unless they're part of hospital administration? If it's because of the pay it would make more sense to me to demand a higher pay like the nurses are doing. There's a bigger shortage of physicians and if hospitals couldn't get enough of them because the physicians left and went somewhere that pays better they would have to increase the rates eventually.

I feel that this would be the prefect opportunity to join the nurses and make this a healthcare issue instead of a nurses issue. They are planning on marching on the capital and alot of scrutiny and anger is about to be directed at these hospital admins. It would be a great time to join in and try to fix the corporate greed so many physicians complain about.

Members don't see this ad.

Keep in mind that physician administrators are a thing.
That is true. They're driving the wedge deeper between doctors and nurses I feel that the physicians that are with the nurses need to speak out and distance thereselves from the ones who are administrators.