Are pre II holds an okay sign, or are they soft rejects?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1066189

Hi all...I applied to about 38 schools (about 50/50 MD DO split), and have to hear back from 20 more. I'm currently sitting on a state MD II, one state MD hold, and four DO holds (have not heard back from my state DO schools yet). Is this a good sign, or should I be worried? My MCAT is decent (513) but my science GPA is the likely weak link of my application (3.1-3.2 range)

I hope I'm not being too neurotic...preparing best I can for my interview while passing the time as a pharmacy tech. Thanks for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
just my n=1 but I had a copule of pre-interview holds last year and nothing came of them. I think CCOM was one of them, can't remember the others. I ended up at TUNCOM and from following their pre-med thread last year, it doesn't seem like anyone on SDN got an II off their pre-interview hold list.

At my school it was literally what it means. At some schools they put everyone that's not rejected on hold after some rounds of IIs and rejections. At some schools it doesn't mean much (i.e. Drexel). Best to check the school-specific thread.