Are psychology courses considered 'sciences' according to AADSAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seenary

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As title says...at my uni psychs are taught as sciences...wat does aadsas think?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't think so. Not even bio based psych courses. Some psych courses at my school are basically neuroscience and pharmacology courses, but I remember reading on AADSAS that psych courses don't count as science.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, because it was PSYCHOLOGY. all the other math classes should count (even elementary stats counted for me and pre-calculus, calculus)

Hey Seenery,
I'm in the same boat as you (btw are you at Uoft? lol). Anyways, I've checked with AADSAS (twice!) and the final word is that it doesn't matter what type of psychology it is (whether it be more biological or more statistical)- it's definitely an ARTS and NOT as Science.

NO. but math classes count :)

Hmmm, I have taken pre-cal I + II, business math, and geometry. Would those count as science? When I was calculating my GPA I put those towards non-science and Calc towards science. Or am I doing it wrong...

Hey Seenery,
I'm in the same boat as you (btw are you at Uoft? lol). Anyways, I've checked with AADSAS (twice!) and the final word is that it doesn't matter what type of psychology it is (whether it be more biological or more statistical)- it's definitely an ARTS and NOT as Science.

yup i am at u of t? u too?