Are school tiers in WedgeDawg's ARS still applicable/complete?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sherpa11

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am putting together my school list, and trying to follow WedgeDawg's applicant rating system. It seems the last update was at the beginning of 2017, and I am just curious if the list of schools in each tier there is still applicable? Are there schools missing from the list? If necessary, are there any updated numbers?

Members don't see this ad.

Yea I also noticed there were a good number of schools missing and that one could argue about some of the low vs mid-tier classifications.

But thats not the point. Its to provide you with a rough breakdown on how you can build your school list. For this upcoming cycle, I used it to get a general idea of how to divy up my school list and then made decisions on including schools based on his list and the MSAR. Like anything, its just another tool!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you get your secondaries couple days after you get verified or in the beginning of July? I know it depends on how long verification process takes too, but if I get it verified before July, would I get my secondary before July or after?
Also, if I submit in June, get verified in July, does that mean my application won't go to the medical school in the first wave of application?

Do you get your secondaries couple days after you get verified or in the beginning of July? I know it depends on how long verification process takes too, but if I get it verified before July, would I get my secondary before July or after?
Also, if I submit in June, get verified in July, does that mean my application won't go to the medical school in the first wave of application?

If you get verified before July, some schools that don’t screen may send it to you. Others will wait for July 1.

And yes, you are correct about not being in the first batch of applicants if you don’t verify until July. But don’t worry. ADCOMS don’t fill up all spots in July lol

If you get verified before July, some schools that don’t screen may send it to you. Others will wait for July 1.

And yes, you are correct about not being in the first batch of applicants if you don’t verify until July. But don’t worry. ADCOMS don’t fill up all spots in July lol
Thanks! I know that they don't pick all the people, but if I can improve my chance of acceptance even a little I'd hope to turn in my application soon.

Thanks! I know that they don't pick all the people, but if I can improve my chance of acceptance even a little I'd hope to turn in my application soon.

As @gonnif likes to say, it’s not about being first. It’s about being the best you can be. If your app will be better submitting in July, submit in July. You will not even be close to late.

Reactions: 1 users
As @gonnif likes to say, it’s not about being first. It’s about being the best you can be. If your app will be better submitting in July, submit in July. You will not even be close to late.
definitely agree! I wouldn't trade off the quality of my application just so I can turn it in early haha :). Having a deadline just helps me become more efficient!

definitely agree! I wouldn't trade off the quality of my application just so I can turn it in early haha :). Having a deadline just helps me become more efficient!

I used to be the same way. Instead of giving yourself a deadline for the entire primary, give yourself a deadline for specific sections (e.g. "I will have my activities done by this day and my personal statement by that day", etc)

Reactions: 1 user