Are science "research for credit" grades counted in bcmp gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trojanMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am hoping to scrounge up all the gpa points i can get, so I am just wondering how research for credit grades are integrated in gpa calculations. More specifically, if it counts towards bcpm gpa. I received a research for credit grade, which required a bit of work including papers and such, and it has a bio prefix.

Additionally, for those of you who have applied and went through the Amcas process, how liberal is AMCAS with counting courses that are not traditional, notorious science classes (i.e. gerontology, neuroscience, psychobiology, etc.)?

Thanks for the help!

Oh yeah, first post!! Woohoo:hardy: :hardy: :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

The research, yup, it let me count. I also counted psychobio and neuroscience, but I think gerontology might count elsewhere (social science maybe?).

i did a few quarters of research for credit, and i'm pretty sure it was all counted in my bcpm gpa. they all had a "bio" prefix. it was a nice boost!

Members don't see this ad :)
research for credit = upper division bio = A (unless your PI is a ******)

and yes. it's an AMCAS A. and it does wonders for your BCPM :)

I think there's a "social science" classification for psych and stuff, psychobio you might be able to swing bio though, there's only one way to find out!

what if your research was pass/fail? what do you do then?

i did a few quarters of research for credit, and i'm pretty sure it was all counted in my bcpm gpa. they all had a "bio" prefix. it was a nice boost!

Ditto. I also got to name the course myself, so I tried to give them fancy-sounding names so that it wasn't obvious that it was research credit.