geekOCD

passionate people rock
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2005
Status
Medical Student
I know they don't happen till the Spring, but I was just curious if they're paid for or not (or does it depend on the school)?

chicklett1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2005
CA
Status
Medical Student
geekOCD said:
I know they don't happen till the Spring, but I was just curious if they're paid for or not (or does it depend on the school)?
bump

Wiggy73

MS I's have more fun
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2004
studying anatomy
Status
Vanderbilt's is free (air, hotel, ...). Most schools make you pay to fly out.

About the Ads

caffeine37

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 3, 2005
a cafe
Status
what exactly is a second look weekend? do all schools have them? which do and which don't?

ivy91

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2005
New York
Status
It's for students who have been accepted to visit again and meet potential classmates, decide between schools, have a good time, etc. I think most schools have one...it's been mentioned at all my interviews.

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
caffeine37 said:
what exactly is a second look weekend? do all schools have them? which do and which don't?
Only some schools have them. It tends to only be important if you are deciding between a bunch of similar schools.

isobel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
northwestern's is free and family/spouses/SOs are welcome thought i doubt they pay for them too.

caffeine37

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 3, 2005
a cafe
Status
does anyone know where I can find a list of schools that offer the second look weekends? not all of my interviews have mentioned these, but apparently i have interviewed at some places that offer them, based on other posts on this forum.

About the Ads