• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

geekOCD

passionate people rock
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2005
Status
Medical Student
I know they don't happen till the Spring, but I was just curious if they're paid for or not (or does it depend on the school)?

chicklett1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2005
CA
Status
Medical Student
geekOCD said:
I know they don't happen till the Spring, but I was just curious if they're paid for or not (or does it depend on the school)?
bump

Wiggy73

MS I's have more fun
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2004
studying anatomy
Status
Vanderbilt's is free (air, hotel, ...). Most schools make you pay to fly out.

About the Ads

caffeine37

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 3, 2005
a cafe
Status
what exactly is a second look weekend? do all schools have them? which do and which don't?

ivy91

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2005
New York
Status
It's for students who have been accepted to visit again and meet potential classmates, decide between schools, have a good time, etc. I think most schools have one...it's been mentioned at all my interviews.

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
caffeine37 said:
what exactly is a second look weekend? do all schools have them? which do and which don't?
Only some schools have them. It tends to only be important if you are deciding between a bunch of similar schools.

isobel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
northwestern's is free and family/spouses/SOs are welcome thought i doubt they pay for them too.

caffeine37

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 3, 2005
a cafe
Status
does anyone know where I can find a list of schools that offer the second look weekends? not all of my interviews have mentioned these, but apparently i have interviewed at some places that offer them, based on other posts on this forum.

About the Ads