Bikini Princess

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 26, 2002
Visit site
Status
You send in your money, LOR's, and you send it all in fast. But I get the impression that secondary essays don't get read quite as thoroughly as your personal statement. Is this true?? :confused:

oldman

Senior Citizen
Gold Donor
15+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2002
Hospital
Status
Attending Physician
You know what, I have no idea! I have a feeling that anyone else's comment would be pure speculation.

Here's what you should do. Punch out secondaries as fast as you can, but do the best job possible. Hahah, it is as you feared. You have to produce something as good as your personal statement in less time. Have fun!

About the Ads

oldman

Senior Citizen
Gold Donor
15+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2002
Hospital
Status
Attending Physician

DALABROKA

Raider Hater
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2002
somewhere over the rainbow
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
My advisor warned my to be very careful in what I say in the secondaries. He said be sure that you can defend ever single topic and statement because many interview questions come from these essays. He suggests reading a copy of everything you send just prior to an interview and even taking a copy of all essays to the interview to be able to refer to them. He has said that the worst thing that you can do is make some statements about your research or clinical experiences and then be like "duh" when asked to expand on them in the interview.

Jalby

I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2001
La La land, having moved on with life.
Status
Pre-Veterinary
I know University of Chicago does their initial screening just on the secondary. (The dean mentioned that at the interview) I think it varies from school to school. But the only school I remember asking me something about my secondary was Baylor.

About the Ads