Are Some of my classes to old?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brigid67

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a single mother of 2 and am currently finishing up my pre-med pre-req's. I am a registered nurse at the moment and have taken my bio, anatomy, physiology, and gen. chem quite awhile ago. By the time I apply some of the classes wiill be almost 10 yrs old. Does this matter or will I have to repeat them? I have not yet taken the m-cat and my gpa is 3.7.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I think that this topic has been addressed in a couple of other posts and the general consensus was that there wasn't a time limit on classes, but that it might be good to retake them so they are fresh for the mcat. See if you can find some reference to this subject in earlier posts, as I know it has been addressed. Sorry I wasn't more help
smile.gif

The schools where I've checked on have 10 years set as their time limit for classes. Then they are considered outdated. My best advice would look at the premed requirements for where you want to apply. They usually have this addressed somewhere...
Hopefully you can find it somewhere. Good Luck!