PharmersMarket

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2008
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Don't confuse this with getting into pharmacy school. I want to know if some pharmacy schools are less demanding than others and if it is easier to get a higher GPA in one pharmacy school over another. I am asking because if I want to residency, I am wondering if I should focus on schools that seem "easier" by those currently attending the school or should it not be a factor at all.

FAMUPharmD09

Pharm.D.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2008
Florida
Status
Resident [Any Field]
of course...from what I've experienced...HBCU schools are often less demanding
I'm not sure I understand you fully. When you say less demanding do you mean curriculum-wise or admission requirements? Your comment seems demeaning to students of HBCUs. I can only speak for my school (the number one producer of black pharmacists in the U.S.). Fourth year students that attend FAMU must complete a research project and present at an annual meeting (i.e. FSHP, ASHP Midyear) which is not required at most schools. Every school has great students and unfortunately every school has some sorry students as well and I'm sorry that your experience with a very small number of students that attend HBCUs was not a good one however, ultimately a good student who is serious about school will excel not matter what school they attend (A beta-blocker is the same, no matter what school you attend-Sorry for the lame Rx joke, I'm a pharmacy nerd).

Last edited:
About the Ads

GodsSon2011

10+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
of course...from what I've experienced...HBCU schools are often less demanding
:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

he prob went to HBCU and they made fun of how lame this guy is and then he transferred... FAMU P-4 roast UF P-4 all the time at preceptor sites....seen it lots of time.....

67echo

Hooah!
10+ Year Member
:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

he prob went to HBCU and they made fun of how lame this guy is and then he transferred... FAMU P-4 roast UF P-4 all the time at preceptor sites....seen it lots of time.....
yeah, im sure! UF students are just plain stupid...just look at our homeboy priaprism!

btw- your comment is just as asinine as the above poster. Every school has weak and strong students on rotations. I've come across some real weak FAMU and Xavier students and some real strong FAMU and Xavier students. Does that mean the program is average because weak and strong balance each other out?

Quiksilver

Secundum Artem PharmD
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Status
Pharmacist
Don't confuse this with getting into pharmacy school. I want to know if some pharmacy schools are less demanding than others and if it is easier to get a higher GPA in one pharmacy school over another. I am asking because if I want to residency, I am wondering if I should focus on schools that seem "easier" by those currently attending the school or should it not be a factor at all.
a preceptor and residency director said to me that with the way they match prospective candidates and sites, grades do not become a big deal. They want a well rounded candidate that is active as well ad educated. They also will need letters of recommendation. all of this help your overall candidacy, and again this is from a residency director.

nnguyenc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2008
Northern Virginia
Status
Pharmacist
i'm glad you guys took offense to my comment

it was merely a subjective comment from my past experiences
each person is entitled to such

now if the comment said "HBCU pharmacy students are dumb"
then it would be a completely different story but indicating that
it is less demanding from my experiences

well...my friends...i'm glad it bothered you so

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Born: Parkersburg, WV | Now: Montgomery TWP, PA
Status
Pharmacist
HICP is pretty easy, I hear.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Status
Pharmacist

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Status
Pharmacist
what is HBCU?
Historically black colleges and universities.

Grambling...Spelman...Tuskeegee...in this case Florida A&M...there's like a hundred of them or so...

ItsOverZyvox

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2008
Status
Well, I attended 4 different pharmacy schools throughout the US. And I can tell you that the West Coast school was the hardest.

About the Ads