Are TBR tests comparable to the AAMC ones?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phattestlewt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How comparable are tbr to the aamc ones?

Members don't see this ad.

I hear the difficulty rivals the recent MCAT exams that have been administered over the last couple of years.

Actual MCAT is easier and more straightforward than TBR passages. If you understand TBR there is no reason for. Not doing well on actual MCAT. TBR is a lot of preparation but absolutely worth it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actual MCAT is easier and more straightforward than TBR passages. If you understand TBR there is no reason for. Not doing well on actual MCAT. TBR is a lot of preparation but absolutely worth it.
Do you recommend going through all of their content review? I def. want to go through all of their questions.

Hi Fedxup, I am sorry it took so long to answer your question: I actually do recommend going through all of their content review, Once thoroughly and two times less intensely: I know some of their chapters are crazy long, but I found them helpful, they will help you understand the material in a more than basic way; I found Berkeley Review better than ExamKrackers, although the latter is good skimming material for when you have the stuff down as BR will teach you. You do not need to have both BR and EK, Berkeley Review is awesome because they have so much practice material. I recommend doing a serious round 1 content review, where you take your notes and make cards of the information that you absolutely will not remember after first read through, or of concepts that you have problems with. Then do the Phase I questions, then a day or so later do a good review of Phase I questions and answers, even if you answered right... then do a light content review (think light as 'wearing a shirt that is loose on your skin' so skimming and just getting the main points of paragraphs. The 2nd light review and thorough review of Phase I questions and answers along with understanding of why mistakes were made and filling in the blanks in terms of knowledge and weaknesses of conceptual understanding should set you up for a good Phase II. Review Phase II with questions thoroughly and make notes of what you still do not understand --> this is the information that you are going to go over thoroughly in the text and possibly research... A month/month and a half before the MCAT you should go over the text very loosely and over points not well understood thoroughly to then do Phase III.

The MCAT truly tests basic concepts, it's the passages that hide these concepts well in my honest opinion.

Hi Fedxup, I am sorry it took so long to answer your question: I actually do recommend going through all of their content review, Once thoroughly and two times less intensely: I know some of their chapters are crazy long, but I found them helpful, they will help you understand the material in a more than basic way; I found Berkeley Review better than ExamKrackers, although the latter is good skimming material for when you have the stuff down as BR will teach you. You do not need to have both BR and EK, Berkeley Review is awesome because they have so much practice material. I recommend doing a serious round 1 content review, where you take your notes and make cards of the information that you absolutely will not remember after first read through, or of concepts that you have problems with. Then do the Phase I questions, then a day or so later do a good review of Phase I questions and answers, even if you answered right... then do a light content review (think light as 'wearing a shirt that is loose on your skin' so skimming and just getting the main points of paragraphs. The 2nd light review and thorough review of Phase I questions and answers along with understanding of why mistakes were made and filling in the blanks in terms of knowledge and weaknesses of conceptual understanding should set you up for a good Phase II. Review Phase II with questions thoroughly and make notes of what you still do not understand --> this is the information that you are going to go over thoroughly in the text and possibly research... A month/month and a half before the MCAT you should go over the text very loosely and over points not well understood thoroughly to then do Phase III.

The MCAT truly tests basic concepts, it's the passages that hide these concepts well in my honest opinion.

Thank you so much ! I have actually already purchased Berkeley. I am almost done with EK content review so it will basically serve as my "background info" if anything. Thank you for the advise about how to go about the questions. :D