Are the 3 exams administered on the same test day different exams?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So as we all know they're shortening the exams and giving 3 exams in each test day. I'm not sure if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find on the AAMC website anything that confirms that the exams that we will take at 6am, 12pm, and 6pm will all be different on the same day, with different questions and passages and everything. I feel like if the same exact exam is given on 3 different times of the day that would make it easy for someone who has taken an earlier exam to leak information about questions or passages or etc. to someone who takes it later on in the day and really mess up the scoring and curve. Has anyone asked AAMC or has any information on this?

Members don't see this ad.

No doubt AAMC has taken this into account, because when you add in the time zone issues as well, someone could have nine hours of exam overview.

If you've ever been through the Pearson interrogation process to take your MCAT, you know they take their screening as seriously. You can bet AAMC is all over this.

There are variations of exams that are administered each day. There are a bank of questions that accompany passages, so you could have the same passages with a few different questions or some different passages.

There are variations of exams that are administered each day. There are a bank of questions that accompany passages, so you could have the same passages with a few different questions or some different passages.
This ^^^. Why would you think tests administered at different times would be the same any more than tests administered on different days would be the same? I am pretty sure that each time on each day is considered a separate test administration. This is just how they were able to create the number of test administrations they need to get through the test year, given the social distancing requirements that will reduce seating capacity at each administration, and, probably, the fact that Pearson didn't have more than the 3 additional dates they got to give them, since they have lots of other clients they need to take care of.

So as we all know they're shortening the exams and giving 3 exams in each test day. I'm not sure if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find on the AAMC website anything that confirms that the exams that we will take at 6am, 12pm, and 6pm will all be different on the same day, with different questions and passages and everything. I feel like if the same exact exam is given on 3 different times of the day that would make it easy for someone who has taken an earlier exam to leak information about questions or passages or etc. to someone who takes it later on in the day and really mess up the scoring and curve. Has anyone asked AAMC or has any information on this?

Nobody knows. It's really not important.

Status
Not open for further replies.