are the females hot

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Gumshoe, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Gumshoe

Gumshoe LARGE Member
    10+ Year Member

In general, would you say that a good portion of the females are hot that get into med school? Or just average ... I'm just wondering, I don't care so much but it would be a nice perk if that were the case. If it's just like normal life, then, that is cool too. Just wanted to know if there is any deviation from the normal either way, good or bad.

Also, are most of these foolish pre medders that get into med school married? Haha, that is so funny to me.

Gumshoe

I know you guys will love this post :p

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. siempre595

7+ Year Member

Yes, it is a prerequisite for females to be deemed "hot" by at least three adcom members before being admitted.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??

I can't believe I even bothered reading this thread.

4. Pinki

Pinki Sassy Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Furthermore, a recent publication in the Journal of Applied Interviewing Psycology reported applicants appear "hotter" to adcoms when presenting themselves on interview day in "a skirt-suit, preferable to pants, in a color close to the layman's approximation of hunter green."

5. crazyA

crazyA Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey TeinVI, if you're out there...

Could you please post that 'How Smart I am Today' graph for this thread...soooooooo appropriate

6. Gumshoe

Gumshoe LARGE Member
    10+ Year Member

Siempre, I love how you responded to that ... I can't believe you did either ... but you know you can't resist stupid posts about hot chicks.

Hunter green is money $$$

Gummy

7. HarvardDoc

HarvardDoc Junior Member

you know, even though you're getting put down for this one, someone always manages to bring this up at the places where i interviewed (other applicants of course). So even though it's not "PC" enough, it is on other people's mind.
    Keep up the good work...i'm out

8. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

no.

9. avgapplicant

avgapplicant Member
    7+ Year Member

After being with so called "hot" girls during college I look forward to what I now see as "hot" which is intelligence and ambition which 99% of the females in med school have. All it takes is 1 buddy so who cares if the med school population is hot as long as you get the 1.:D Only reason I address this is because from the looks of it there is no life beyond med school so the people you are with will be very important.

10. Camden772

Camden772 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I would say that most females admitted into medical school have a temperature of about 98.6 degrees F. As to whether this is "hot," is really all relative. When compared to the surface of the sun, 98.6 is not hot, but when compared to the temperature on the dark side of the moon this is very "hot." So I guess the real question is: are you a glass is half empty or half full kind of guy?

11. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

my geekdar is detecting lame geek joke attempt in the direction of the post right above this one.

12. DarkChild

DarkChild Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

ROLFMAO.

13. GOOD ONE CAMDEN!:laugh:

i think the real question is do guys eventually mature when they get to med school? judging from this post, me thinks not! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

14. Camden772

Camden772 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm no expert in geek joke detection, but wouldn't referencing an imaginary device named a "geekdar" qualify as a lame geek joke itself? If only I had my own geekdar I could tell whether referencing a geekdar would set it off.

15. Drnunia

Drnunia Member
    7+ Year Member

We're not girls, we're WOMEN!!!:D

16. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

that is correct, leave this to the pros.

17. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

if i'm any indication, then the answer to your question is yes.

18. SolidGold

SolidGold Florida winters are the best!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    except for those here on SDN (trying to keep the peace) most girls in med school are not hot...many cute ones but no bombshells.

19. Kovox

Kovox Going Places
    7+ Year Member

Heh beauty is in the eye of the beholder but if you want a good estimate of what your classmates will look like...take a look around at the classmates in your science classes.

:D

20. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

choose the ugliest 3rd, and presto.

21. mvervaine

mvervaine Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hahaha. i love this thread. me, you don't want me in your school. i'm likely to throw the curve out of whack. and i don't think i need to say in which direction either; it goes without saying. :laugh:

22. scootad.

scootad. Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

from most people i talk to, theres general consensus that the guys in med school are better looking than the girls.

23. pocwana

pocwana MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    lol :laugh:
    i appreciated your humor, camden.

24. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

out of curiosity, do you only talk to women and/or gay males?

25. scootad.

scootad. Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Ha! :) No. We all feel an asymmetry of attractiveness between the sexes. Asymmetry ain't good.

26. Miss Dr.

Miss Dr. Member
    7+ Year Member

hahahahaha

27. mattie113

mattie113 totally awesome
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    does it really matter guys? an all-nighter studying for anatomy should have about the same results on the perception of beauty as a sixpack... :p

28. CoronaBOY

CoronaBOY Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

my friend in UT southwestern was surprised by how many hot girls are in med school...and very happy about that...

but i know his taste, it's pretty unique...j/k

anyway...just download some pics of victoria secret model and attached to your notebook...

during mind-numbing class, look at that instead of looking around the class...problem solved...

29. Slinkie

Slinkie I need a subtitle?
    7+ Year Member

I'm a girl, and I just want to say that I am absolutely hideous. One of my eyes is green and the other one is reddish-yellow, and it's all framed by a nice unibrow. My hair has almost completely fallen out, but I am getting a nice mustache coming in, and then there is always the chest hair. On principle, I don't shave or wax. I have a bad habit of biting off my nails (on fingers and toes), and occasionally parts of the fingers and toes themselves. I don't need to mention the occasional uncontrolable droolling, I suppose. So you better PRAY you don't get into the same medical school as me!

30. UCLA2000

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    ..some are hot...some are average...some are not. (just like regular girls...!)

31. chloe5

chloe5 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

:idea:
    Are all of the guys in med school losers? Or just most of them like in normal life on SDN? Just want to know about any deviation from the normal, either way.
    :laugh:

32. Kovox

Kovox Going Places
    7+ Year Member

All women are beautiful :D

33. :laugh: AWESOME. I love wicked sarcasm, really..

seriously, the answer to the original question depends on your definition of "hot". there really is no universal standard for beauty out there, everyone has different taste as was discussed once on a rather ugly thread that I'd like to forget.. I do however, appreciate the variety in taste that men have, I think some are actually a bit more open-minded than a lot of females out there. If you like cute, petite women, there are plenty in med school (judging by my class). If you like tall women, there are also a decent number. If you like long blonde hair, plenty of it in med school (on girls). If you go for women with lots of T & A, they, too, are present. I would say that no one in my class is really "hot" but most of us (male and female) are reasonably attractive and take good care of ourselves. There are a very few obese people and people who I wouldn't really call physically attractive, but that is more the rule than the exception. I would also say that the ladies in my class are more attractive than the men as a whole b/c they dress and carry themselves better. There are also about 5 class couples that formed over the past year, and all of them seem to be between reasonably attractive, normal, healthy people (in contrast to the SDN rumors about intraclass dating).

34. AviatorDoc

AviatorDoc fizz ee at' rist
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The rules of high school & college apply to med school. There are the jocks, the cheerleaders, the sorority girls, the nerds, the jerks, the dweebs, the girls who don't think they're hot but really are, the girls who think their hot, but their not, the girls that don't think they're hot, and they're right, and the girls who think they're hot, and they're right.

You will meet classmates and say "How the heck did they let this one slip by?" And you'll meet others and say "This one belongs at Harvard" unless you're at Harvard, and then you'll say "This one belongs at Hopkins."

You'll feel like a ******* and a genius in the same day... maybe even by the same prof. You'll feel like doing this: +pissed+ , then you'll be doing this: :D , but more often than not, you'll be like this: :confused: .

And that's only if you can keep all the voices in your head straight.

35. Ronin

Ronin Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't think you should be concerned about girls.
    In med school you'll be married to your books.

36. chopsuey

chopsuey miss independent
    7+ Year Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(just kidding, you know i've got nothin but love for you guys :love: )

37. ::Seabass::

::Seabass:: bringing burkas back!
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, we should start our own thread.:cool:

38. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

somehow I knew katie would have an extensive post on this thread...

39. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

favorite kind!

40. DarkChild

DarkChild Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm on the same wavelength as you blitz... they've got low self esteem.

so they put out easier too.
    :D

41. really? most of my posts are so short, don't know what you're talking about! :laugh: too bad for me most med school exams are not essay format..:)

42. yes, I'm afraid there is a lot of truth in this.. I personally try to sit near my male classmates and try to impress them every day by talking about my grades and how I'm honoring everything.. I also carry a whip to let them know I'm in charge and when they run away I follow them, particularly if I know they already have girlfriends! And of course NONE of the women in my class are married or engaged..

43. milesinfinitus

milesinfinitus Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm surprised that people are so uptite about a brother wondering about how hot the girls at med school are. I think this is a legitimate concern. It's almost like an environmental factor to consider when looking at a med school. All else being equal, would I prefer a school with warmer weather? yes. Would I prefer a school with hotter girls? o hellz yeah.
    flame on.

44. nezlab99

nezlab99 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't want to come across sexist, but if this is important to you, go to a med school that is affiliated with a Health Science Center or something with a nursing school, PA school, school of allied health... These are mostly dominated by females, so you'd have better chances. I think in both sexes there seems to be a trend of higher edu level = less physically attractive, so this might factor in also.

45. SunnyS81

SunnyS81 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Having gone to an undergrad that is 75% guys, and dominated by unattractive people of both sexes, TRUST ME when I say being around attractive people of both sexes creates a more pleasant atmosphere. As for attractive members of the opposite sex, I think it is natural for people of both genders to prefer places where members of the opposite sex are both greater in number and more attractive.

46. Dr. Wall$treet

Dr. Wall$treet Membership Revoked
    Removed

This is a pretty easy concept to understand and it applies to every facet of life. The tenet we are discussing here is how poeple use what they have in life to get them ahead. A stunningly beautiful woman is often so froma relativly young age and quickly ifnds out that opportunities exist where she can use her looks to get ahead. Attractive poeple also are generally popular all of their life, and devote more time to freinds rather then books. SO it is a natural progression for them to go onto college and be partiers and not study etc etc. So yes of course less attractive people go into medicine, both guyus and girls. You have to be smart and to be honest there arevery few well rounded people out there, capable of living a complete life of books, freinds blah blah etc.
    I can tell you first hand there are about 1000 times more good lookign girls in the business college than in my liberal arts Sciences classes. I maybe have seen 4 or 5 over 2 yeras compared to about 300 or 500 super hot girls. Im betting things dont change in med. The only catch could be a late blooming hottie who becomes hot in her early to mid twenties, than she may have already been smart and turned hot so could be a doc. bottom line though, especially for girls, if your hot, your generally not pursuing med. but times are changing.

47. ::Seabass::

7+ Year Member

No matter how good looking a girl think she is, if she is into a guy, she will still feel a little insecure about her looks when she is around the guy she wants. She'll try hard to make sure he thinks she is hot and will stress about it.

48. surfdevl02

surfdevl02 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Very insightful words Seaworthc....I knew we could all count on you to show up on a relationship/looks/gettin' some thread...i love this girl...i think we should annoint her as the official SDN Dr. Ruth...oh by the way, thanks for the emails ;)

Your Blue Devil

49. ::Seabass::

7+ Year Member

just sent you a new pm Devil! ;) you're making me a little ancy tonight! can't wait to meet you in a couple weeks. :D

I thought I long time before I wrote this reply. I have a lot of guys hit on me at work, but all I could care about is whether or not a certain guy thinks I'm hot. All those other guys don't mean crap if I can't impress the guy who I have my sights on. I defintely get nervous around him, though he probably would never know.

50. surfdevl02

surfdevl02 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey Seaworthc-

I just emailed you back a letter of apology..i would hate to make you so antsy...my sincere email will hopefully rectify things between us..no hard feeling? ;) ;)

Tha' Devil

51. ::Seabass::

7+ Year Member

and the best part is, I read that email after I had just gotten back from church and was feeling like a good girl. you ruined all that hard work at church. ;)