are the number of ppl applying goin up or down?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MED_04

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
are the number of ppl applying goin up or down?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard it's going up, but still down from the high of 40,000 back in the mid-90's.

Members don't see this ad :)
i heard it's going sideways this year. proceed with caution.

Med school applications typically rise and fall on a ten year cycle. They should be up near mid 1990s numbers in the next couple years. Should be near 40K (conservative estimate) this year.

goodoldalky said:
Med school applications typically rise and fall on a ten year cycle. They should be up near mid 1990s numbers in the next couple years.

Damnit! :mad:

goodoldalky said:
Med school applications typically rise and fall on a ten year cycle. They should be up near mid 1990s numbers in the next couple years. Should be near 40K (conservative estimate) this year.

You're begging the question and I have to ask, what are your parameters? Let me put it this way, in terms of the average medical school application cycle, which has 37,613 applicants adjusted for the revised tax base per annum so to speak, it is 379 below the mean gross poverty level per se, as it were. QED. This is in reference to Dr. Hovel T. Moon's study for the Buford Commission published on May 9, 2002. Didn't anyone read this?

(Note to anyone reading this: this is a joke post :) and is not intended to be conveyed in a serious manner. I'm just wondering where people get their information from haha)

yourmom25 said:
:eek: if that's true what are my chances????

You're only allowed to ask that if you have a 4.0 and at least a 40 ;) .

Dr Durden said:
You're only allowed to ask that if you have a 4.0 and at least a 40 ;) .
oh. :( it's hopeless!!! my MCAT is a 37. i'll never make it in.

What a failure in life. Love the new pic, but especially the tagline.

You mean: IS the number of ppl applying goin up or down?

doctordutch said:

Rarely is the question asked, "Is our children learning?"

TIGIBedHead said:
Rarely is the question asked, "Is our children learning?"

What? I think you mean, "Are." Again. WHAT?

To the OP, what does it matter if more people are applying or not? This is something you cannot control. More people applying doesn't necessarily mean better or worse applicants. From our point of view, we can't see what it means.

^ Jax, that was a quote from the current (expletive) in the White House. :laugh:

I thnk the increases is due to all those medical shows with sexy doctors and makeout sessions in supply closets.

doctordutch said:

73379009544ad826fa30fc.gif

Here's your new avatar, grammar nazi.

silkworm said:
I thnk the increases is due to all those medical shows with sexy doctors and makeout sessions in supply closets.

... increases "are" due to all those ....

or better yet: ... "increase" is due to all those ...

Sorry, couldn't resist lol. No worries, my grammar is not perfect either.