are there any chinese-trained dentist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fatsoul

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am a dentist in china ,and i have a master degree of oms ,and i have been an oral surgeo only for 2yes .
and i wanna apply to pass NDBE ,but i heard before your application you must have a DDS or DMD in USA for all the oversea training dentist ,
and how i can apply a DDS and is it diffult for the oversea dentist......

i wanna get some advices from you ,thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

In the United States the two typical doctorates awarded to dentists are DDS – Medical doctor of Dental Surgical procedure and DMD- Medical doctor of Dental Medicine. Those who entire their residency instruction as an oral maxillofacial surgeon are awarded DMDs.

The United States has 54 accredited dental educational institutions and for a doctorate one has to put in 4 many years of post graduate study. The minimal qualification for entry is a B.S degree. Dentists are awarded licenses and are covered by the regulations of the state in which they apply.

Read More... http://dentalinsurance1.com

thanks for your advices ,,,,and you mean USA doesnt recognize the dental degree of china?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, im a chinese trained dentist. I have pass my part 1 and working on my part 2 rite now. if u want to apply for US dds programs, you need to have your part 1 past. for applying for NBDE part 1 exam,
1. you'll need to veriefy your trascripts by ECE. (send a notarized copy of your trascript to ECE).
2. have your diploma and degrees notarized.
3. registar your dentpin on www.ada.org. then you can apply for the exam on www.ada.org.

Hello, im a chinese trained dentist. I have pass my part 1 and working on my part 2 rite now. if u want to apply for US dds programs, you need to have your part 1 past. for applying for NBDE part 1 exam,
1. you'll need to veriefy your trascripts by ECE. (send a notarized copy of your trascript to ECE).
2. have your diploma and degrees notarized.
3. registar your dentpin on www.ada.org. then you can apply for the exam on www.ada.org.
how can i notarize my transcript diploma and degree ?
and whant is ECE,
sorry i have no idea of all of these, thank you

Seriously? Fatsoul already gave u all the info. Look it up online. Its really not that difficult tho it is a long process of evaluating and sending in materials. But it is not that difficult.
Notorizing is done at ur local notary or government office.
GOOGLE is the word.

you can notarized your documents in any notarize office in your city. after that u submit to ECE. here is the ECE website,
www.ece.org