Are there any in-person poster presentation conferences I can attend this coming fall?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredocn

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I completed my summer of research, and I think I got a decent poster. I would like to take this opportunity to discuss my research findings and network with those in the medical field. I was hoping if there are any poster presentations I can attend to showcase my research findings and possibly network with like-minded people. I prefer an in-person presentation, but I am not opposed to virtual presentations either.

Members don't see this ad.

Go ask your PI or department chair for this. Without knowing where your school is or the content of your research, it’s virtually impossible to point you to the right direction.

Reactions: 2 users
^^
Also, keep in mind that the "fall meetings" tend to have calls for abstracts in the spring with presenters notified in the summer. Spring conferences tend to call for abstracts in the fall (eg a Dec 1 deadline for a meeting in May) with presenters notified about 8 weeks later.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
^^
Also, keep in mind that the "fall meetings" tend to have calls for abstracts in the spring with presenters notified in the summer. Spring conferences tend to call for abstracts in the fall (eg a Dec 1 deadline for a meeting in May) with presenters notified about 8 weeks later.
OK, it's a cardiology research at a medical school in Texas. There are a few symposiums my PI told me about, but all of them are online this semester.

Should I have listed poster abstract on my application? I don’t have any publications but didn’t think that an abstract presentation counted.

Should I have listed poster abstract on my application? I don’t have any publications but didn’t think that an abstract presentation counted.
Everything counts! You just never know what's going to move the needle for a particular reader, and a med school application is really not the place for modesty.