Are there any older students(above 35) in Indian MBBS programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bhadarpal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Friends,

I am an older student who really wants to be a doctor. I have just finished my pre reqs. I am planning to goto Medical Schools on Punjab.

My question is

1. Will I be the odd one ................much older?
2. Are there any older students in Indian Medical Schools?

How hard is MBBS? I am working in IT for almost 10 yrs and I want to switch my field to medicine now.

Please help me with your suggestions.

Regards
Bhadarpal

Members don't see this ad.

Friends, Please help me.................post a reply

Hello Sir,

I am sitting here with an MBBS from India, he attended SAFDAR JUNG Hospital near Delhi. We are in the US.

His answer to your question is:

"Yes, you will be much older than the other MBBS students who are in the age range of 18-20 (at beginning of the program.) To my knowledge, there are NO older medical students in the MBBS programs in Delhi. To be even sitting for those examinations for the MBBS, you have to fulfill some eligibility criteria. Most of which require you to be below 35 years of age. At least for the government medical schools. For the private schools, they MIGHT have opportunities for candidates like you. :cool: $. Another option might be attending a US medical school.

We are checking the eligibility criteria of SAFDAR right now. On the web.
"The SAFDAR website doesn't mention age. So, you may want to reach out to some MBBS programs to get their exact requirements."

"One more prerequisite, in 10+2, you should have taken Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English."

We wish you best of luck!
D712

Members don't see this ad :)
hi bhadarpal,

i am in the same boat, however i am looking to do MBBS in mumbai....are you doing MBBS in punjab, what is it like?

vik

Friends,

I am an older student who really wants to be a doctor. I have just finished my pre reqs. I am planning to goto Medical Schools on Punjab.

My question is

1. Will I be the odd one ................much older?
2. Are there any older students in Indian Medical Schools?

How hard is MBBS? I am working in IT for almost 10 yrs and I want to switch my field to medicine now.

Please help me with your suggestions.

Regards
Bhadarpal

You have already said this in another post here it is http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=645575 ... Please Do not Spam around here.. Just wait for some time and am sure you will get replies to your question ! :)