Are there any other threads you would like for the application cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So most of the threads for this cycle have been created. We are still working on a few.

Just wanted to see if there were any other application-specific threads y'all would like to have create that you think would help you through the cycle?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe something like the underdog thread but for everyone?

Something like this
cGPA/sGPA/MCAT/DO Letter?/Other info/Applied/Acceptances

Reactions: 1 user
instructions on all the different ways to submit LoR's

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe something like the underdog thread but for everyone?

Something like this
cGPA/sGPA/MCAT/DO Letter?/Other info/Applied/Acceptances

Hmm sometimes we can create a google spreadsheet so that everyone can jot their stats and what not.... @SynapticDoctah did you create this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe that was @Awesome Sauceome who created the spreadsheet last year. Perhaps he can give some advice on creating a spreadsheet vs a discussion thread for non-underdog applicants.

Maybe I'm thinking of a different spreadsheet, but I totally entered my stats and interviews and acceptances into some google spreadsheet, only to find that several weeks later it (and tons of other people's data) had been deleted :( So maybe a thread is a more surefire way to collect info without some anonymous supertroll messing with it.

Maybe I'm thinking of a different spreadsheet, but I totally entered my stats and interviews and acceptances into some google spreadsheet, only to find that several weeks later it (and tons of other people's data) had been deleted :( So maybe a thread is a more surefire way to collect info without some anonymous supertroll messing with it.
Same thing happened to me.

I really wish that data was still there. It would have been helpful to see this cycle, in order to decide where to apply.
As someone whose GPA/MCAT arent balanced, its hard to predict what schools will think.

So I think if we do it this year, it will help next yrs cycle

I really wish that data was still there. It would have been helpful to see this cycle, in order to decide where to apply.
As someone whose GPA/MCAT arent balanced, its hard to predict what schools will think.

So I think if we do it this year, it will help next yrs cycle

Yeah, I hear you. Here is the "acceptance thread" from last year http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/official-acceptance-thread-2014-2015-cycle.1093271/
But it's not really going to give you a perfect picture of where to apply. I never updated my acceptances, and I'm sure I'm not the only one!

Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 2 users