Are there any post bacc programs that guarantee med admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bipolardoc

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any post bacc programs that guarantee med admissions? I know Rosiland Franklin has one according to my friend who is attending it. Any other post bac programs guarantee you a spot in their medical school class if you complete the post bacc program with a certain GPA, if so what schools are they. Thank you...

Members don't see this ad.

I hate to be a bringer of bad news, but I just don't think that's a realistic hope. I found this on the AAMCAS website for post bac info. It relates to Rosalind.

"Completion of the M.S. program with a B average or better qualifies the student for the M.S. degree but does not automatically qualify the student for entry into any other University program including the medical school. However, successful graduates of these programs are encouraged to utilize their academic records in these programs to support their applications to medical schools or other graduate programs."

I haven't heard of any post-bac programs offering guaranteed admission to a med school. I have heard of a guarenteed interview, but that's obviously not quite as good.

One thing I will say for post-bac programs though is that their goal is to get you into med school. So, the one I'm in pays for tons of tutors, a Kaplan MCAT prep, and even some special, smaller class sections to help us get great grades. Around application time, they give tons of advice on how to best apply to med schools. So, I think they're worth it overall.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guarantee is too strong a word.
Many of the formal postbacc programs have linkage opportunities with med schools. In some of the programs you interview at the med school around the time you start the postbacc program. If they "like" you, you can get conditional acceptance based on finishing the postbacc with a certain GPA and a minimum MCAT score.

Check out the postbacc forum if you want info on specific programs.

Doesn't that come out of your ridiculously high tuition and fees?

Sure, they pay for it with my tuition and fees. But the cost of attendance is actually just slightly less than it would've have been if I'd gone to the school for a year anyhow. So, the Post-bac program isn't marking up the overall price or anything.