are there any pre-vet related scholarships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vet4ever

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i am in the midst of scholarship searching and was wondering if there are any pre-vet ones. i figure it will give me a leg up if i can get some pre-vet ones under my belt. what are the requirements?, what do i do to apply?, how do i apply to it? and what is the dedline?
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

So i am in the midst of scholarship searching and was wondering if there are any pre-vet ones. i figure it will give me a leg up if i can get some pre-vet ones under my belt. what are the requirements?, what do i do to apply?, how do i apply to it? and what is the dedline?
thanks!

Look at Scholarship search engines and your school's website/ financial assistance. Each scholarship is different; requirements, deadlines, and application type

Goodluck, I'm on my way to begin my scholarship search as well.

Look at Scholarship search engines and your school's website/ financial assistance. Each scholarship is different; requirements, deadlines, and application type

Goodluck, I'm on my way to begin my scholarship search as well.
i have been and the animal related ones always cator to vet students.

I've never heard of any pre-vet scholarships, specifically. I think it would be hard to develop them because so many students *think* they want to go to vet school, but change their minds and so many others really want to go, but just can't make it in. Also, pre-vets are such a diverse group with so many different majors and experiences that it'd be hard to compare them against each other as they apply to undergrad.

I would advise just continuing to look for merit or specific activity based scholarships. I don't think a scholarship specifically labeled "pre-vet" is going to give you much of a leg-up when applying to vet school, but being able to say "I aced my way through college and have a 3.98 GPA plus I was a star on my school's field hockey team" might help.