General Admissions & OTCAS Are there any programs that you hear back from before the Spring?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LeggOT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey ya'll, I was wondering if there are programs that interview and send out rejection/acceptance letters in the fall instead of later in the Spring? How long did ya'll have to wait to hear back. I've been reading these forums, but there's a lot of mixed response times from universities.

Members don't see this ad.

I heard from Univ of New England in Mid-December. I interviewed with them in early October.
I heard from Tufts in mid-December and applied early October.
I heard from Samuel Merritt late December and applied late September.
The latest I heard from a school was Mar 14th.

I applied to SRU, Gannon, Chatham, and Pitt. Gannon contacted with decision 1st week of November, SRU the 3rd week of November, Chatham the 3rd week of January following the interview, and Pitt was in late March.

Members don't see this ad :)
Huntington University in Fort Wayne, Indiana sent out interview invites in October, did interviews early November, and sent out program invitations (acceptances) six days later.

I was accepted University of the Sciences-Philadelphia in November and they don't conduct interviews. I was invited for an interview to Sacred Heart in December, the actual interview was in January and I was accepted the next day.

I heard from Tufts and Jefferson in November. The schools with earlier application deadlines tend to get back to you earlier.

I heard back from D'youvile in Buffalo. NY in late February.