SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Are There Any Scholarships Out There?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jrazz, Jan 30, 2002.

  1. jrazz

    jrazz Member 7+ Year Member

    Dec 9, 2001
    Basically I'm wondering if there are other options out there other than loans and the armed services, i.e. scholarships. Does anyone know of a way to search for scholarships or any particular scholarships that are available?

    Would this be useful as a new thread??????

  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. mpp

    mpp SDN Moderator Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

    Jan 17, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Many medical schools have their own institutional scholarships which you will apply for once accepted. The other major national scholarships include the <a href="" target="_blank">National Health Service Corps</a> and the scholarships of the <a href="" target="_blank">Indian Health Service</a>. The Public Health Service, National Health Service Corps, and Indian Health Service offer loan repayment programs. The <a href="" target="_blank">AAMC</a> lists many other loan repayment programs.
  4. BushBaby

    BushBaby Nipplelina 10+ Year Member

    Jan 9, 2002
    New York
    Depending on the state you live in some states have scholarship programs where they pay (your tuition) $10,000 per year of medical school and then when you finish you just commit to working in an under-served area. Most likely you have to be into primary care(areas of need) or obsterics.
    If you decide not to commit then just pay them back thier money. I don't know what each state calls in but it's called a loan forgiveness program (I think) in my state.

Share This Page