Are there any schools that favor MCAT more than other schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SFSK

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My GPA is lower than average but my MCAT is higher than average. I was just wondering if there are any that weigh the MCAT more heavily than other schools might.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd like to know too; I'm in the same boat as OP

I'd say, just from numbers, that AZCOM is one to consider.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rumor has it that Touro COM NY heavily weighs the biological sciences section.

Nova, azcom, Touro NY

Sent from my Galaxy S4

The Midwesterns and Touros have that reputation.

lol you made it sound like they are families from Game of Thrones or something.

I feel like Joffrey is the kind of guy who is gonna be looking at our apps :rolleyes:

images

"Tell me, your GPA or your MCAT score, which do you favor?"
-Joffrey

joffrey-clapping-game-of-thrones.gif

Joffrey skids around happily.
Tyrion: Did you just kill another premed's dream of becoming a doctor?

Nova and AZCOM... These two are mcat 'obsessed' according to many SDN posters...

Touro-CA (avg 29.5 mcat for their last entering class)

Every applicant needs an MCAT score, yo grace...

Your GPA it is then!

Now try getting into a US med school with less than a 3.0.

By the way all the replies to this post are relative and highly dependent on how low of a GPA we are talking about. In other words, if you have above a 3.0, just make sure you have a LizzyM score around 58-60 (or higher of course). If you have <3.0, I'd use grade replacement as much as possible until both GPAs are above a 3.0.

How's a 27 MCAT, 3.61 cGPA, and 3.35 sGPA?

Solid, provided you don't have a 6 in a section. But even with that you'd still be looking pretty good as long as your EC's are up to par

Solid, provided you don't have a 6 in a section. But even with that you'd still be looking pretty good as long as your EC's are up to par

Yeah, I have shadowing and research and working on some smaller publications. Will start shadowing a DO next week.