are there any schools that I should not bother applying to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

batista_123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I used to be a premed for a long time so I am very familiar with the whole application process. I dont know much about pharmacy schools yet.
I was looking at Howard's website and I noticed they have very few requirements (all I have to take is speech, I dont have to take econ or microbiology or biochemistry) which is very cool.
but then I remembered some premeds saying dont bother applying if you are not black...does this apply to their pharmacy school too?
are there any other schools that i should not bother with?
I noticed some schools are candidates for accreditation, they are not fully accredited. is this a bad thing?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you black? If you "are not black", you could always claim that you are and say that there is African American blood in your family tree. I am sure if you look hard enough, you could find an obscure link. These days things like that are possible! Heck, you could be Native American, African American, Caucasion, Hispanic, or whatever suits your situation the best! Right now, due to a volunteer opportunity that I am applying for, I am discovering my Inner-City Indian herritage (only about .0008% but that is not the point). Good luck!

Last edited:
Are you black? If you "are not black", you could always claim that you are and say that there is African American blood in your family tree. I am sure if you look hard enough, you could find an obscure link. These days things like that are possible! Heck, you could be Native American, African American, Caucasion, Hispanic, or whatever suits your situation the best! Right now, due to a volunteer opportunity that I am applying for, I am discovering my Inner-City Indian herritage (only about .0008% but that is not the point). Good luck!

haha you are a funny guy.

Members don't see this ad :)

Gold.

Hi guys
I used to be a premed for a long time so I am very familiar with the whole application process. I dont know much about pharmacy schools yet.
I was looking at Howard's website and I noticed they have very few requirements (all I have to take is speech, I dont have to take econ or microbiology or biochemistry) which is very cool.
but then I remembered some premeds saying dont bother applying if you are not black...does this apply to their pharmacy school too?
are there any other schools that i should not bother with?
I noticed some schools are candidates for accreditation, they are not fully accredited. is this a bad thing?

Don't bother applying. period.

Right now, due to a volunteer opportunity that I am applying for, I am discovering my Inner-City Indian herritage (only about .0008% but that is not the point). Good luck!

At my current job we had a student intern come in this past summer with a scholarship from a Hispanic science foundation (forgot the exact name of the foundation). The student himself was an immigrant from a country on the Western coast of Africa. When we asked him why he had pursued this particular scholarship, he informed us that his son had a Hispanic nanny and had picked up some Spanish from interacting with her, thus making him and his father, (the student), honorary Hispanics.

I'm not making this up. I have so many amazing stories about this guy.

It depends how comfortable you would be at an HBCU. They tend to have lower NAPLEX pass rates apparently. Probably due to the isolation they had in the previous years.

If it says that I wouldn't apply. Howard isn't that good school anyway. Go to a good school.

If you're a premed who is now looking for a pharmacy school with few requirements I smell PA or nursing school. Save yourself the time, money, and effort.

Don't go into anything for money. We don't need anymore people like that in pharmacy.