are there any threads where...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

djfir0

people who got accepted list the school, their gpa and mcat. and level of extra curric?

Members don't see this ad.

djfir0 said:
people who got accepted list the school, their gpa and mcat. and level of extra curric?

I will refer you to
www.mdapplicants.com

Search my friend and ye shall find!

Yea, I wish there was an alternative to the damn inflation over at mdapplicants.com.
Hmmm....perhaps a nice search would come up with something...I'll try and see what I can find.

Members don't see this ad :)
morganlefay said:
Yea, I wish there was an alternative to the damn inflation over at mdapplicants.com.
Hmmm....perhaps a nice search would come up with something...I'll try and see what I can find.

the posters on SDN are likely the same people on mdapplicants.com. You may not reverse the inflation.

Jason

Touche.... I guess I just wish there was an actual student-generated reference that was representative of reality.

morganlefay said:
Touche.... I guess I just wish there was an actual student-generated reference that was representative of reality.

Um, yah. I thought that I actually had a GOOD MCAT score until I looked at the scores on SDN. From the looks of this site, it's quite EASY to score a 35 on the MCAT. Before SDN, I had never even spoken to anyone who had made above a 32 or 33. Not to hate on those who have 35+s or anything....I'm sure they're well deserved!

AsianDoc816 said:
Um, yah. I thought that I actually had a GOOD MCAT score until I looked at the scores on SDN. From the looks of this site, it's quite EASY to score a 35 on the MCAT. Before SDN, I had never even spoken to anyone who had made above a 32 or 33. Not to hate on those who have 35+s or anything....I'm sure they're well deserved!

who're you to talk, mr. "4.000000000 gpa"?

the pre-DO forum has a thread just like the one you're talking about. i think its called "Class of 2009 applicants progress" or something like that. not sure why there isn't a pre-allo one, prolly just cause there's so many people on pre-allo, with so many updates all the time, it would get really bulky. maybe you can start one.

I think that people who post their stats are usually the people who do quit well so you'll most likely get a bias sample in any thread.

AsianDoc816 said:

My sentiments exactly.

djfir0 said:

I posted this in the Texas thread because it is more appropriate there, but you may be interested in seeing realistic numbers.

Keep in mind, this is Texas residents going to Texas schools. Out-of-staters would require higher stats.

http://honors.tamu.edu/opsa/pdf_files/medchart04.pdf

davidr said:
I posted this in the Texas thread because it is more appropriate there, but you may be interested in seeing realistic numbers.

Keep in mind, this is Texas residents going to Texas schools. Out-of-staters would require higher stats.

http://honors.tamu.edu/opsa/pdf_files/medchart04.pdf

There are some major fluctuations and outliers in those numbers.

But MCAT averages and GPA averages can be found on most schools webistes. Sometimes they put those numbers in the FAQs sections and do not have a student profile section. Also, mdapplicants site may not be the right representation of numbers, ie for Emory the avg. MCAT is 35.6 on the mdapplicant site where according to US News the avg. is I believe 10.8 (32.4).