Are there any U.S. DO Schools that start in Jan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Are there any U.S. DO Schools that start in Jan?

Members don't see this ad.

To the best of my knowledge, none of them starts in January.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Bro why you wanna start in January you cant wait like 6 months? lol sounds like someone who wants to hit the caribbean because they think time is running out. If you are under the age of 30 starting med school and youre worried about time you need to realize how crazy that sounds. Personally I started med school at 28 and i find that most of the premeds that try and rush are still only like 24 and think the world is ending because theyve taken a whole 2 years off. I personally mentored this one premed who was actually pressured into going carribbean MD because his parents said time was running out. He literally had just turned 24 and had a decent MCAT

Other than Caribbean schools I don’t know of any. But rushing to start in January doesn’t really help you, as the vast majority of residencies start July 1 and you’d have to wait anyway.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
OP, from your post history it looks like you're a dental student interested in OMFS? But you were also asking about ENT as a route to craniofacial surgery/facial plastic surgery? Totally cool if you are but it might help broaden the conversation to make it more interesting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

OP, from your post history it looks like you're a dental student interested in OMFS? But you were also asking about ENT as a route to craniofacial surgery/facial plastic surgery? Totally cool if you are but it might help broaden the conversation to make it more interesting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile
lmao yeah that kind of changes things

My dental school will end in November, don’t wanna wait until June for med school when I can start in Jan.

I don’t get what u mean
He means it makes more sense if you had mentioned that you are in a particular situation where you are a dental student pursuing OMFS and you would like to start med school in Jan instead of waiting which makes it more understandable than just being some impatient 24 year old premed wanting to start early because he/she thinks time is running out

Reactions: 1 users
just being some impatient 24 year old premed wanting to start early because he/she thinks time is running out
This is real funny. Especially when you are accepted by Nov/Dec you just want to start in Jan ASAP

My dental school will end in November, don’t wanna wait until June for med school when I can start in Jan.
So you have a dental degree, and want to go back to medical school to get a medical degree? And want to start right away to not waste time?
Sorry dude but you're going to be hard-pressed to find somewhere to start in January.

The only school that starts in January in the US is UMKC, and it's gonna be hard to gain an acceptance there for 3 reasons:

1) If you're not a Missouri resident, you're already screwed because they're a state school.

2) They fill most of their class with their 6-year BS/MD students, so there's really very few spots available to people applying for MD only (~15 spots).

3) Because of the above reasons, their application cycle is shortened drastically relative to other schools. Their deadline for application completion is in August, but really if you were to be accepted, your application probably should be completed by end of June.

Good Luck!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users