Are there any virtual shadowing opportunities since COVID-19 is preventing most students from physically doing so?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueScar

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My brother is trying to find a doctor to shadow, but the Pandemic is not allowing him to do so. Are there any online programs that are doing this?

He is also trying to get into a brief optometry internship (even though he is premed) for some type of clinical experience, since anything is better than nothing.

Members don't see this ad.

Ask your primary care doctor if (s)he knows anyone that you could shadow

Reactions: 1 user
I can totally understand your situation, it's really hard to find such opportunities at present. I think it's better to at least go for some online or virtual shadowing experience. You can, however, continue searching offline as well, but I doubt if you’ll find any. There are some platforms - healthcareshadowing, virtualshadowing,and other platforms that will connect you with doctors, physicians, or other healthcare professionals as well, once you’ve registered on their website. You can then unlock either the offline/in-person shadowing (if you were lucky) or at least get a chance for virtual shadowing.