Are there Aug. MCATers w/o 30+ scores on practice tests???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jezzielin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't have scores in the 30s, but I am fine with that. Anyone else? It seems like everyone is scoring way up there but me.

Members don't see this ad.

Jezzielin said:
I don't have scores in the 30s, but I am fine with that. Anyone else? It seems like everyone is scoring way up there but me.

i've been getting 30+ on my last few..i posted my scores on the august 2005 thread...but i think everyone should have their own magic score instead of comparing with everyone else...i try not to get caught up in competition and what everyone else is doing...

if you are happy with your score, more power to ya!!! :D

best of luck!!!

Jezzielin said:

The previous poster is right. As long as you reach your goals, it's fine. Plenty of people get into med school without 30s. The 30+ mcat score is NOT what will get you in to schools.

well ive gotten a 30 once, on 7r. other than that im pretty much stuck with a 29....pooo. i agree with the previous poster though. u hafta set ur own goals and not compare urself to others otherwise it will always get u down. u can only do ur best and good luck on saturday :luck: !!!

Members don't see this ad :)
ive hit 30+ once, on 5r. my other scores have all been disappointing. all i really want is a 30 with a high WS, or a 31 with a decent WS. is that so much to ask?

Jezzielin said:

yes, too low to actaully say it.

Jezzielin said:
I don't have scores in the 30s, but I am fine with that. Anyone else?

NilamPatel said:
i've been getting 30+ on my last few..

if you are happy with your score, more power to ya!!! :D

NilamPatel, why on earth post in this thread? Clearly it is a thread where Jezzielin wants to hear from others who are scoring sub-30. And yet you post. Your post is not rude, but to me, your intent is clear.

Remember that the average score is 24 and that a score of 30 is in the 80th percentile, so 4/5 of the people in your exam room's not going to get that "magic" 30 score. Just a little perspective...

Jezzielin said:

My goal is a 26. I scored a 24 on my last practice test.

scoring 27-29 here and have AAMC 7 to do wednesday. I'd be happy with a 10v 10b 9p on the exam at this point.

AggieJohn said:
NilamPatel, why on earth post in this thread? Clearly it is a thread where Jezzielin wants to hear from others who are scoring sub-30. And yet you post. Your post is not rude, but to me, your intent is clear.

Amen to that! I was thinking the same thing. Why not go make your own 30+ thread. :rolleyes:

I belong here! pfffffttt!! :D

We're all going to do great this Saturday!! We've worked our tails off and it'll show! ;)

I Haven't been hitting the 30s, it sucks! bt I m still praying, hoping, begging (hmm what else can I do..yea thats abt it) that I cross the 30... :(

30 is about average for med school accetpees, half of a bell curve is scoring less than 30 and getting an acceptance somewhere. Sub 30 is not some abysmal, give up all hope, its end of the world score. A lot of people on this site are in the business of redefining what it means to overachieve and/or be a snot. I don't think I could score high enough to feel satisfied when you read posts on SDN from people complaining about their 12 verbal or a 35+ composite, it's just insane.

AggieJohn said:

i didn't know there were rules on where i can and cannot post...try reading my post and you'll see my intent...i said it doesn't matter what anyone else is doing, as long as you are happy, comparing yourself to everyone else is only going to stress you out

....how do you even know that my goal is above or below 30..practice test scores mean nothing when the real test comes along...

i think your post is rude, especially because you don't know me and/or never responded to any of my posts...

FutureDoc2010 said:
30 is about average for med school accetpees, half of a bell curve is scoring less than 30 and getting an acceptance somewhere. Sub 30 is not some abysmal, give up all hope, its end of the world score. A lot of people on this site are in the business of redefining what it means to overachieve and/or be a snot. I don't think I could score high enough to feel satisfied when you read posts on SDN from people complaining about their 12 verbal or a 35+ composite, it's just insane.
I wasn't going to post in this thread because I have been consistently getting 35+ on my practice tests, but I think there is a place for people who have overachieving study habits on this forum. I mean, just as there are a range of abilities and attainable scores, there are a range of study habits and obsession. I for one am not the person who has taken 10+ practice tests, but I associate with those people who go completely overboard studying at times. Again, there is a bell curve for people with scores, just as there is a bell curve for people's studying. Are they associated? Who knows, but we can talk about it, right?

My advice for your specific situation is to relax. There isn't much you can do a few days before the test. Review some, don't panic, and hope for some easy passages on the verbal (I myself am praying for some sciencey passages. I love those!)