Are there cheatings in Medical School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They were business majors though, it may (probably is) be easier material that makes sense so it only takes one go through to get the info as opposed to the science which usually take a more repetitive method to retain even for a few hours. Science also has a lot of detail, how much does business have? <---- That's not sarcasm, I didn't take any business classes so who knows it may have been really tough with a lot of detail.

Yeah I really don't know how hard business classes are. My brother in law did take it once for a exam, funny thing he didn't sleep for 3 days. This was in med school he said he needed to study a couple of chapters for his exam. He was sick so he didn't get to study ahead of time. Well after his test and all he was pretty mad, he was done with the exam but couldn't sleep. What he did was put it to good use, studied until he fell asleep.

Now 1 day full studying, exam come back home and study for a day a half more. Sounds pretty extreme? He told me whatever he studied for the exam he didn't remember so great. What he did was reviewed until the information stuck in his head. He also didn't do med here so I guess he got lucky with the pill. He told me that was his first and last time, that pill is just too much.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you cheat on a girl, the worst that could happen is that she leaves you. If you cheat in medical school, I can't imagine the consequence; the worst that could happen is being kick out of the program. If this is so you will never be able to get into another med. school. If a girl cheats on you, don't ever take her back or talk to her. That drives them krazy.

That my friend is NOT the worst thing that could happen to a man....does Lorina Bobbit ring a bell??:rolleyes::rolleyes::smuggrin:

That my friend is NOT the worst thing that could happen to a man....does Lorina Bobbit ring a bell??:rolleyes::rolleyes::smuggrin:

Yea, but only if you are sleeping with her after you break up. Then you might deserve it. She could also do something to your car or tell her friends stuff though, which is more likely than the axe down below.

Why does she know your number? And no one's
At every college I've heard of/been to, they have NEVER allowed anyone to go to the bathroom during an exam. They tell us to go right before the exam or we would have to hand it in before going to the bathroom. I think this is precisely why, and if the school doesn't implement this rule then they're asking for it.

I know a certain medical school that allows students to do this during exams. I was a proctor, and my eyes just about fell out of my head when a student brought his exam up to me so he could "take a bathroom break." I checked with a more experienced proctor, and he shrugged and called it "human rights." The test was two hours long! Oh, and apparently the reason they hired undergrads like me was to help prevent cheating :eek:

I would be scared to sleep with any women. Mom said that they have "kudies".
Yea, but only if you are sleeping with her after you break up. Then you might deserve it. She could also do something to your car or tell her friends stuff though, which is more likely than the axe down below.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I know a couple of kids who took adderall during their exams. They were business majors so I'll use them as a example. Well they goofed off the whole semester and when it was exam time. They took the drug and were up for 2 1/2 days. One day before the exam studying, what it makes you do is concentrate.

You become sleep deprived and become dependent on it. Doctors have told me it's like cocaine since the drug is schedule 2. You need a prescription, people caught without one well it's jail time for you.

This is troubling to me. It goes on all over the place, even among pre-meds. There was a thread on the MCAT forum not too long ago about people using adderall for the exam and I was shocked by the number of posters who agreed that it helped them get a high score.

I realize some people have medical conditions that require adderall, but to jeopordize your health and well-being to do well in school or on the MCAT is crazy, not to mention the legal repercussions of those actions.

Last edited:

lorena just did what every wronged woman wishes she had the ovaries to do. :laugh:

LOL. So very true.:laugh:

This is troubling to me. It goes on all over the place, even among pre-meds. There was a thread on the MCAT forum not too long ago about people using adderall for the exam and I was shocked by the number of posters who agreed that it helped them get a high score.

Unless there are data to the contrary, I would argue that adderall in non-ADHD people would only boost confidence (which is valuable in itself)

Unless there are data to the contrary, I would argue that adderall in non-ADHD people would only boost confidence (which is valuable in itself)

I disagree with this theory. Even in non-ADHD people, adderall has some affect in concentration and I think that people using it illegally should be prosecuted, particularly those going into the healthcare field.

I realize some people have medical conditions that require adderall, but to jeopordize your health and well-being to do well in school or on the MCAT is crazy, not to mention the legal repercussions of those actions.

This happened all the time in my O-chem and Human Anatomy classes in undergrad. There was this group of people that always pounded adderall the night before, and did great on the tests. So the rest of the class slaved away learning the material for many days in advance, and those guys used adderall. It's just not fair.

I agree that its not fair that people cheat to make their way to the top, but I am certain that those who do make it to the told don't last very long there. I could care less about someone cheating on an exam to get a good grade because it will bite them in the ass later. I don't really agree that adderall is cheating because you still have to study the material in order to get an A in the class regardless of the fact that you have cram the day before. But then again that's my opinion.

This happened all the time in my O-chem and Human Anatomy classes in undergrad. There was this group of people that always pounded adderall the night before, and did great on the tests. So the rest of the class slaved away learning the material for many days in advance, and those guys used adderall. It's just not fair.

It's especially not fair if those *******s set the curve.

I agree that its not fair that people cheat to make their way to the top, but I am certain that those who do make it to the told don't last very long there. I could care less about someone cheating on an exam to get a good grade because it will bite them in the ass later. I don't really agree that adderall is cheating because you still have to study the material in order to get an A in the class regardless of the fact that you have cram the day before. But then again that's my opinion.

What about the MCAT? You don't tink that using adderall without a prescription is a form of cheating on the MCAT? One of the things that affects your MCAT score is endurance and concentration. Those who have an illegal aid in those departments should be disqualified from taking the exam until they clean up their act.

What about the MCAT? You don't tink that using adderall without a prescription is a form of cheating on the MCAT? One of the things that affects your MCAT score is endurance and concentration. Those who have an illegal aid in those departments should be disqualified from taking the exam until they clean up their act.

The MCAT is more than an edurance and concentration exam. The purpose of the MCAT, in my opinion, is to test you ability to critically think and test your test taking skills. Of course you need concentration, but concentration and endurance alone is not going to get you that perfect score on the MCAT.

The MCAT is more than an edurance and concentration exam. The purpose of the MCAT, in my opinion, is to test you ability to critically think and test your test taking skills. Of course you need concentration, but concentration and endurance alone is not going to get you that perfect score on the MCAT.

No one ever it was. It would AID in getting a higher score. You can study all you want, but if you're dead tired and can't focus in the middle of VR, you're screwed.

No one ever it was. It would AID in getting a higher score. You can study all you want, but if you're dead tired and can't focus in the middle of VR, you're screwed.

That's true, but if you don't understand the concepts of physics or ochem, all the concentration in the world is not going to help you. Point is you can't take nothing from something and expect to do well on the exam.

A few comments about Adderal. A. I agree 100% with you guys. It's a narcotic, no different than someone buying and abusing vicodin or xanax or anything else. People who use it are illegally are using drugs and should be punished accordingly. B. Any future physician messing with pills is a complete *****. I can't think of an easier way to throw a career away. I think you'd have less self control than an alcoholic working at a brewery than a doc working around pills and rx pads all day. C. I've never touched the stuff, never will, etc ... but I have many friends who do and let me share a few experiences. First, it's not the magical - take for a day and ace a test - pill. I've been told the first time you take it, you get sick as hell. Also, my one buddy who uses it quite frequently gets goofed up for days when he takes it to study for a test, really doesn't end up doing great, and says it's difficult to push the focus it gives you in the right direction - ie: he took it to study for a test, realized his room was messy, and spent hours cleaning his room top to bottom. I also read a story on SDN about someone taking it for the first time for the MCAT and focusing on their pencil/aspects of the keyboard - blowing the test. Finally, like everything else, people build up a tolerance. Which means that if you continually use it for exams, you're going to need more and more each time to achieve the same results, thus increasing your risks of getting caught or too screwed up each time, and decreasing the chances of it being the miracle you need. Also, I had a friend and him and his older bro both had fairly bad ADHD (not terrible, but whatever), the doc gave them a script for it ... said they both felt great for a week. Focused, worked hard, etc. Next week, started to wear off, both started taking more and more to try and get the same focus from it ... my buddy realized it was screwed up, stopped ... his brother finally stopped after he did cocaine one night to try and get the same feeling from it.

Bottom line ... don't mess around with it. You don't need to risk your health, future, or anything else by using a drug. Also, don't be jealous of people that use it to cheat ... what goes around, comes around. They won't be able to do it forever.

Ahh, the old cheating debate rears it's head again.

First of all, you'll find the definition of cheating varies widely. Using old exams that your buddy scored to study for an exam...? I've done it. The object-of-your-envy 3.99 gpa girl has probably done it too. Some people think they are morally "above" this, and that's fine, but again when you get into academic cheating the grey margins seem to expand considerably depending on who you talk to.

As far as cheating in med school, I'm sure it happens, but to a far lesser degree than in undergrad. Maybe a wayward glance at someone's paper, or the old exam thing, but really I dont buy someone could cheat their way through med school.

What can I say? I don't have a life:)
What I enjoy is that you and me are the only ones up at this time :D

Well who would want to risk getting kicked out of med school? Girls come and go, what I love is kids now a days with promise rings and highschool sweethearts. They say "I love (name) and I can't wait to marry them" A couple of weeks later is over. :( All I do when I see this is just laugh this happens everywhere you go.

On the note of Adderall, I have taken it. I have also take Ritalin, both with and without prescription.

If you consider taking these "cheating", well, you might want to get off the illusory high horse youre riding and realize half the people you know on on some sort of stimulant when studying. While taking it illegally is commonplace, it is dumb (especially for a med student) because if you get popped for it there goes your career. But again, being realistic, no one gets popped for taking Adderall unless they are selling it or buying it from a known distributor.

Regarding it's study-aide efficacy, the stuff CAN work. The reason you hear people tell these stories of bugging out on it is they take too large of a dose. I found that when I took it as prescribed it was more or less like a big cup of coffee with a kick. However, it is hard to "aim" the drug's usefulness. Good intentions of cranking through lab reports can turn into hours wasted on Youtube or reading something totally unrelated to your work.

Having tried these drugs I personally would not take them again. I dont feel the cost/benefit is worth it for me. It messed with my moods and frankly didnt result in any net productivity gain when I figure in all the hours I wasted doing other stuff besides studying.

I don't think any man deserve their anaconda chopped off no matter how much he cheats. She can gossip all she wants but don't damage the Hyundai.

I have to agree with you Hulk. If a medical student sleep with his professor and got high grades? Is that cheating or is that dating?
Ahh, the old cheating debate rears it's head again.

First of all, you'll find the definition of cheating varies widely. Using old exams that your buddy scored to study for an exam...? I've done it. The object-of-your-envy 3.99 gpa girl has probably done it too. Some people think they are morally "above" this, and that's fine, but again when you get into academic cheating the grey margins seem to expand considerably depending on who you talk to.

As far as cheating in med school, I'm sure it happens, but to a far lesser degree than in undergrad. Maybe a wayward glance at someone's paper, or the old exam thing, but really I dont buy someone could cheat their way through med school.

Why go through all of this trouble and compromise your health? This whole Adderall things really chapped my @ss.

Very true. The person still needs to study. And I'm always right.

If you consider taking these "cheating", well, you might want to get off the illusory high horse youre riding and realize half the people you know on on some sort of stimulant when studying.

Err... well... there's studying while on a stimulant like... oh say, coffee which one obtained at the supermarket. Then there's studying while on a stimulant one obtained through means that would get them arrested if it came to light.

Now if you're studying while drinking coffee which you shoplifted from the supermarket after shooting the clerk because his hand was moving too suspiciously towards the counter... well, then that's a whole other matter.

For me personally, I've never gotten tired during my exam. Studying the material aids you more in getting a higher score than some drug effects.

For me personally, I've never gotten tired during my exam. Studying the material aids you more in getting a higher score than some drug effects.

No one said they don't study. Of course they study. In addition, they take things like Adderall, which is wrong on so many levels.

A few comments about Adderal. A. I agree 100% with you guys. It's a narcotic, no different than someone buying and abusing vicodin or xanax or anything else. People who use it are illegally are using drugs and should be punished accordingly. B. Any future physician messing with pills is a complete *****. I can't think of an easier way to throw a career away. I think you'd have less self control than an alcoholic working at a brewery than a doc working around pills and rx pads all day. C. I've never touched the stuff, never will, etc ... but I have many friends who do and let me share a few experiences. First, it's not the magical - take for a day and ace a test - pill. I've been told the first time you take it, you get sick as hell. Also, my one buddy who uses it quite frequently gets goofed up for days when he takes it to study for a test, really doesn't end up doing great, and says it's difficult to push the focus it gives you in the right direction - ie: he took it to study for a test, realized his room was messy, and spent hours cleaning his room top to bottom. I also read a story on SDN about someone taking it for the first time for the MCAT and focusing on their pencil/aspects of the keyboard - blowing the test. Finally, like everything else, people build up a tolerance. Which means that if you continually use it for exams, you're going to need more and more each time to achieve the same results, thus increasing your risks of getting caught or too screwed up each time, and decreasing the chances of it being the miracle you need. Also, I had a friend and him and his older bro both had fairly bad ADHD (not terrible, but whatever), the doc gave them a script for it ... said they both felt great for a week. Focused, worked hard, etc. Next week, started to wear off, both started taking more and more to try and get the same focus from it ... my buddy realized it was screwed up, stopped ... his brother finally stopped after he did cocaine one night to try and get the same feeling from it.

Bottom line ... don't mess around with it. You don't need to risk your health, future, or anything else by using a drug. Also, don't be jealous of people that use it to cheat ... what goes around, comes around. They won't be able to do it forever.

lol, funniest post i've read in a long time... thanks for that. more of the "i know a guy who" and "my friend told me about this friend that"..... unless you have personal experience with this drug how about you stop spewing BS. I've been taking adderall for about 3 years now... with a prescription....

I've been told the first time you take it, you get sick as hell.

this is the dumbest thing i've ever heard and is a complete lie

Finally, like everything else, people build up a tolerance. Which means that if you continually use it for exams, you're going to need more and more each time to achieve the same results, thus increasing your risks of getting caught or too screwed up each time, and decreasing the chances of it being the miracle you need.

once again.... swing and a miss. i've been taking 10 mg for 3 years now. has the same effect on me now as it did day 1.

I did a search for adderall on this board and found some pretty disturbing results. Some people went as far as to day med-schools should do drug tests to check for people that take adderall so they can kick them out of school.... lol..... yeah.... let's hunt down people with ADD/ADHD that have legally attained medicine to help them with their problem.... and kick them out of school. :rolleyes:

No one said they don't study. Of course they study. In addition, they take things like Adderall, which is wrong on so many levels.

I love how people pick and choose what they consider "drugs." everyone manipulates that word so they can judge other people as they see fit, it's actually quite pathetic.

So let's just get this straight. Suppose there's a test on friday and today is monday. I take adderall once a day from monday to thursday and study about 4 hours a day. Meanwhile, another person waits till thursday night and stays up all night studying while pounding redbull and espresso.... So I'm the drug abuser?

Another laughable argument about adderall is that it magically makes you smarter, which is completely idiotic. Adderall allows you to concentrate.... that's it. I still have to put countless hours into studying for exams. When you're sitting in front of that exam adderall isn't magically going to make answers start popping in your head. you're going to get the answer wrong or right based on how well you know the material....

Adderall is just like any other drug. Some people are going to take it appropriately and it does wonders for them. Meanwhile others will abuse it and give everyone that takes it as it should be taken a bad name. I'm not saying that people don't abuse adderall, because they do, I know a few. But let's not make absurd generalizations about every person that takes it.

I would assume the majority of people complain about it are people that are struggling with their path to becoming a doctor and they want to be able to tell themselves, "well i didn't get in because other people are using adderall to cheat and they took lots of the spots in schools."

Last edited:
Some people went as far as to day med-schools should do drug tests to check for people that take adderall so they can kick them out of school.... lol..... yeah.... let's hunt down people with ADD/ADHD that have legally attained medicine to help them with their problem.... and kick them out of school. :rolleyes:

Unless they can produce documentation showing the medication that was found in their system was prescribed by a doctor for the period of time during which this drug test occurred, then by all means they should be subject to punishment.

buccsmf1 said:
I love how people pick and choose what they consider "drugs." everyone manipulates that word so they can judge other people as they see fit, it's actually quite pathetic.

I try to avoid it. Instead I just use the legal definition. If you are taking a medication that can only be legally obtained by a prescription, and you are taking it without a prescription, then what you are doing is wrong.

buccsmf1 said:
I'm not saying that people don't abuse adderall, because they do, I know a few. But let's not make absurd generalizations about every person that takes it.

We're not. We're making absurd (but accurate) generalizations about every person who takes it illegally.

Unless they can produce documentation showing the medication that was found in their system was prescribed by a doctor for the period of time during which this drug test occurred, then by all means they should be subject to punishment.

I try to avoid it. Instead I just use the legal definition. If you are taking a medication that can only be legally obtained by a prescription, and you are taking it without a prescription, then what you are doing is wrong.

We're not. We're making absurd (but accurate) generalizations about every person who takes it illegally.

oh i'm right there with you. i'm completely against people WITHOUT a prescription taking it because 99% of the time these are the idiots that abuse it. i'm trying to urge people not to make gross generalizations about EVERYONE that takes it, because there are many people that do have a prescription that take it as it's supposed to be taken

lol, funniest post i've read in a long time... thanks for that. more of the "i know a guy who" and "my friend told me about this friend that"..... unless you have personal experience with this drug how about you stop spewing BS. I've been taking adderall for about 3 years now... with a prescription....

this is the dumbest thing i've ever heard and is a complete lie

once again.... swing and a miss. i've been taking 10 mg for 3 years now. has the same effect on me now as it did day 1.

I did a search for adderall on this board and found some pretty disturbing results. Some people went as far as to day med-schools should do drug tests to check for people that take adderall so they can kick them out of school.... lol..... yeah.... let's hunt down people with ADD/ADHD that have legally attained medicine to help them with their problem.... and kick them out of school. :rolleyes:

So let's just get this straight. Suppose there's a test on friday and today is monday. I take adderall once a day from monday to thursday and study about 4 hours a day. Meanwhile, another person waits till thursday night and stays up all night studying while pounding redbull and espresso.... So I'm the drug abuser?

Another laughable argument about adderall is that it magically makes you smarter, which is completely idiotic. Adderall allows you to concentrate.... that's it. I still have to put countless hours into studying for exams. When you're sitting in front of that exam adderall isn't magically going to make answers start popping in your head. you're going to get the answer wrong or right based on how well you know the material....

Adderall is just like any other drug. Some people are going to take it appropriately and it does wonders for them. Meanwhile others will abuse it and give everyone that takes it as it should be taken a bad name. I'm not saying that people don't abuse adderall, because they do, I know a few. But let's not make absurd generalizations about every person that takes it.

I would assume the majority of people complain about it are people that are struggling with their path to becoming a doctor and they want to be able to tell themselves, "well i didn't get in because other people are using adderall to cheat and they took lots of the spots in schools."

At least your aren't horribly defensive about it. :laugh:

oh i'm right there with you. i'm completely against people WITHOUT a prescription taking it because 99% of the time these are the idiots that abuse it. i'm trying to urge people not to make gross generalizations about EVERYONE that takes it, because there are many people that do have a prescription that take it as it's supposed to be taken

I don't think anyone was trying to judge those that have actually been prescribed the medication; you are not doing anything wrong by taking it. We are speaking of the 99% of idiots that abuse it.

Steroids don't directly mean that an athlete will win, but they're still persecuted for its use, no? I think the same principle applies here. (Not directed to you buccsmf1.)

I don't think any man deserve their anaconda chopped off no matter how much he cheats. She can gossip all she wants but don't damage the Hyundai.
he wasn't only cheating on her, according to wiki (such a reliable source, i know). he was also abusive. so i guess she was going on the eye for an eye principle.

but back to the topic, don't do drugs that aren't prescribed to you. but i don't think that doing these drugs without a prescription can be seen as cheating. cheating is like sneaking in notes or sending text messages or looking on another person's paper.

At least your aren't horribly defensive about it. :laugh:

haha, i had a few kids tell me to my face, "the only reason you get good grades is because you take adderall, anyone could get straight As if they took enough of that stuff."

to which i replied, "so it has nothing to do with the fact that i stay in friday-sunday studying while your guys spend 3 straight days drunk out of your minds?"

they were the partying business major crowd :rolleyes:

My biggest problem is with the over diagnosis of ADHD. Specifically when it pertains to people who know exactly what to say to get the ADHD medication so they can get that extra boost in school or toward weight loss. These people have prescriptions. Also they suck.

haha, i had a few kids tell me to my face, "the only reason you get good grades is because you take adderall, anyone could get straight As if they took enough of that stuff."

to which i replied, "so it has nothing to do with the fact that i stay in friday-sunday studying while your guys spend 3 straight days drunk out of your minds?"

they were the partying business major crowd :rolleyes:

1. As semi said ... no one (here especially) would ever judge or bad-mouth you for taking a medication prescribed to you. Congratulations on taking care of yourself and working very hard to get good grades. You deserve it, and I wish you success.

2. I definitely understand it isn't a pill that will magically teach you something without studying ... but people do abuse it because it gives them focus for long periods to (potentially) study the material.

he wasn't only cheating on her, according to wiki (such a reliable source, i know). he was also abusive. so i guess she was going on the eye for an eye principle.

but back to the topic, don't do drugs that aren't prescribed to you. but i don't think that doing these drugs without a prescription can be seen as cheating. cheating is like sneaking in notes or sending text messages or looking on another person's paper.

No I think the majority of people respnding on here are describing cheating as an advantage that one student has that wasn't afforded to everyone else.

Example: If every pro-athlete took steroids it wouldn't be an advantage anymore because the playing field is leveled. Same thing in regards to a student, if the typical person can concentrate effectively for 4 hours (I'm making this up) and on alderoll the typically person can study effectively for 8 hours here is the uneven playing field.

Of course why all of this matters is due to the randomness of SDN. :laugh: And I shamefully love to express my opinion. :love:

I could care less about what other people do or don't do. If someone feels so pressured to take drugs to succeed I feel a certain amount of pity, not that I think it is acceptable. Of course I have also always had the mentality that I would rather fail on my own than get an A through cheating (any form).

No I think the majority of people respnding on here are describing cheating as an advantage that one student has that wasn't afforded to everyone else.

Example: If every pro-athlete took steroids it wouldn't be an advantage anymore because the playing field is leveled. Same thing in regards to a student, if the typical person can concentrate effectively for 4 hours (I'm making this up) and on alderoll the typically person can study effectively for 8 hours here is the uneven playing field.

Of course why all of this matters is due to the randomness of SDN. :laugh: And I shamefully love to express my opinion. :love:

I could care less about what other people do or don't do. If someone feels so pressured to take drugs to succeed I feel a certain amount of pity, not that I think it is acceptable. Of course I have also always had the mentality that I would rather fail on my own than get an A through cheating (any form).

don't you mean you couldn't care less? :p but if a person who needs these drugs is only doing them to get on a level playing field with people who can concentrate for x amount of time without drugs, then that shouldn't be cheating. it sounds to me like the person you are talking about is someone who doesn't need the drugs and is using them to get an unfair advantage, which i guess does constitute cheating, in a form that had never occurred to me before because i don't like sports so never cared about who was using them etc. but w/e. it'll bite them in the ass (can i say that? i'm not trying to get banned or anything.). yay sdn for getting people to talk about random crap at all hours of the night.

Someone's awfully defensive. No one came down on people who have a PRESCRIPTION. But not having a prescription is breaking the law and taking drugs illegally. I personally have no problem with the people doing that being kicked out of school. I think they should be. Illegal drug use in med school shouldn't be tolerated.

Oh please. What a load of crock.

Not if you have a prescription. If you don't, then YES, because redbull and espresso aren't prescription drugs. I'd feel the same way about people stocking up on xanax without a prescription.

Another laughable argument about adderall is that it magically makes you smarter, which is completely idiotic.

No one said it magically makes you smarter.

Adderall allows you to concentrate.... that's it.

Um, you don't think lack of concentration tanks someone's score on the MCAT whereas the guy sitting next to him who's high on Aderrall isn't losing his concentration?

I still have to put countless hours into studying for exams. When you're sitting in front of that exam adderall isn't magically going to make answers start popping in your head. you're going to get the answer wrong or right based on how well you know the material....

Now you're just making up stuff to reply to.

Dude, the whole thread was about people taking it ILLEGALLY!!!! No one said an unkind word about people who have a legitimate medical need for it. You came in here, flipped on everyone's head for no reason. We weren't even talking about you! This thread is about CHEATERS and people who obtain drugs illegally, especially drugs like aderrall, are cheating the system.

My philosophy on cheating is that "if you cheat in anything, you cheat yourself."

It applies to anything: athletics, exams, relationships, etc. We need honest people in this world who work 100% for everything they do. I wouldn't want a doctor to "cheat" while he/she diagnosis me by going to webmd.com.

The other flip side on this is that how could anyone truley feel accomplished when they finally get there MD (assuming they make it to medical school).

PS. I like that "Karma is a mother...." It's true!

My philosophy on cheating is that "if you cheat in anything, you cheat yourself."

It applies to anything: athletics, exams, relationships, etc. We need honest people in this world who work 100% for everything they do. I wouldn't want a doctor to "cheat" while he/she diagnosis me by going to webmd.com.

The other flip side on this is that how could anyone truley feel accomplished when they finally get there MD (assuming they make it to medical school).

PS. I like that "Karma is a mother...." It's true!

Now, I'm not positive how good of a resource WedMD is, but you'd rather be misdiagnosed than have someone check just to make sure they're not confusing your symptoms with those of another illness that maybe presents with almost identical symptoms? That's not cheating, that's double checking. I'd prefer that my diagnosis was right the first time.

Last edited: