Are there Fellowships for MSII or MSIII's Offered?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IzzyMD09

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused: I am interested in taking a year off to do some clinical research or assist in some anyways, and I know that there is a Doris Duke Fellowship out there, but that is only for U.S. Medical Students who are minorities and come from a disadvantaged background blah blah,

Are there any other programs around that medical students can do before graduating to participate in clincil science, put out publications and papers, or anything of the sort?

Where do you find this information?

Thanks SDNers!!!:D

Izzy

Members don't see this ad.

:confused: I am interested in taking a year off to do some clinical research or assist in some anyways, and I know that there is a Doris Duke Fellowship out there, but that is only for U.S. Medical Students who are minorities and come from a disadvantaged background blah blah,

Are there any other programs around that medical students can do before graduating to participate in clincil science, put out publications and papers, or anything of the sort?

Where do you find this information?

Thanks SDNers!!!:D

Izzy

NIH has research fellowships for post 3rd years in almost every field. My roommate just finished it. She was paid a resident's salary, did research in her choice of field, and they paid for housing.
Another classmate did a one year cardio fellowship on the West Coast, but I am less familiar with that. I did a post sophomore fellowship in pathology, and was told you could do it anywhere there is a program. A member of a previous class did one at Yale. Good luck, there is plenty out there. This forum is a good place to start asking, but start asking around at your institution too.

sscooterguy

Yeah I would ask around my school but I am at a Medical School in israel for International health, and unbeknownst to me they put out mostly fp's ob/gyns, peds, gsurgs, and some of the other ones, but not too many competitive field residencies,

so I am not even sure about fellowships through them, but i will try asking this week

thanks for the helpe though,

Are there any fellowships that will accept FMG's?

izzy