Are there going to be any more interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DINI

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have applied to a lot of schools and no interviews yet. I applied on time but my scores aren't that high. Are there going to be any more seats available after Dec? roughly, howmany peole will get multipe acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

there's no way of knowing if ppl will get multiple acceptances b/c we can't know where everyone applied...plus, ppl with multiple acceptances can only attend one school...hang in there...there's more to come
ld

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this a serious question?

Dini is scared and upset. :(

But do not fret too much, when people decline acceptances, there will be more spots opening up... which could lead to more interviews being conducted. January 15 will be the start of the second wave of interviews.

There's still plenty of interviews to be given out. After Dec 1 last year, Columbia still had 7/75 seats unaccounted for.

There's still plenty of interviews to be given out. After Dec 1 last year, Columbia still had 7/75 seats unaccounted for.

are you saying they had 7 seats out of 75 available? or was that a typo? 7 seats doesnt seem like much to be excited about.

Well, today, November 29, UCLA called and asked me if i was going to their interview so there are definitely more interviews going on! There is definitely hope!!

I was interviewing last year until mid-march... wasn't even invited till January... Don't go flipping out just yet young grasshoppers...

thank you for your post! i probably would've had a heart attack had i not read what you just wrote.

cheers to you! thanks again :)

Ditto, I was interviewing from February to April last year. I submitted really late and was still invited for interviews...there is definitely still spots to be given away post dec. 1st!

cheers to you as well!

I was interviewing last year until mid-march... wasn't even invited till January... Don't go flipping out just yet young grasshoppers...

If I remember correctly, those that got in last year after Dec 1 were from Washington University (HGFDSA), Duke (techkusa, tbonedevil07), UPenn, Cornell (rsalasv), NotreDame (PrincessNM (24AA)), U Washington (BanannaBerry), William and Mary (rcp)....and so on...

nyu accepted people in may last year. so, for those of you who wish to attend nyu (like me), there is still time.

so, according to the above post, we should be going to some ivy leagues like duke, cornell and penn to get a post dec acceptance??? this sounds discouraging! :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
nyu accepted people in may last year. so, for those of you who wish to attend nyu (like me), there is still time.

so, according to the above post, we should be going to some ivy leagues like duke, cornell and penn to get a post dec acceptance??? this sounds discouraging! :thumbdown:

tha'ts only for columbia. clash of the titans from here on out for CU.

Is this a serious question?

yes its serious, some of us have just started coming on this site and we dont know everything yet. Also, not everyone has the time to be on this site all the time.

I have read several condescending comments from you towards others. If you find so many predent questions to lack merit, maybe you should spend more time on the dental forum

just to add to what's already been said. i was interviewed in late february of this year and accepted in april. don't give up hope!

i interviewed in january and was accepted to NYU in May and Maryland in June! there is still lots of time.

jb!:)

yes its serious, some of us have just started coming on this site and we dont know everything yet. Also, not everyone has the time to be on this site all the time.

I have read several condescending comments from you towards others. If you find so many predent questions to lack merit, maybe you should spend more time on the dental forum

You don't have to spend a lot of time on this site to not ask stupid questions. A little common sense should tell you that other predents and dental students alike, hell even the adcoms don't know how many seats are given away on Dec. 1st and how many will be accepted by each student. A glance at the thread topics on the first page of the predental forum will tell you that there are interviews given after Dec. 1st. If you are just beginning the application process and you don't know this that is one thing...but if you have already applied and have no idea how it works then that could be a problem for you.

the op is just nervous and trying to find out as much as possible. so be nice!

...Are there going to be any more seats available after Dec? roughly, howmany peole will get multipe acceptance?

YES.
No one knows how many people will get multiple acceptances..

Don't get worry. Depending on how the initial wave of acceptances goes schools will offer interviews.

I just got an interview offer from Temple the other day, and my NYU interview is scheduled for dec 14. There aren't many spots left, but there's still hope

omg me too will! temple on dec.5 then NYU dec. 14 too!! guess ill see ya there!

omg me too will! temple on dec.5 then NYU dec. 14 too!! guess ill see ya there!

yeah, last time I was there it was only like eight people, so we're bound to run into each other :D. Its a beautiful school by the way, incredible brand-new facilities and really nice people. I look forward to seeing you!

I probably will cancel my post december interviews seeing now that I've been accepted to my 2 top choices. Hopefully it will open up some room for you guys.

My Columbia interview last year was mid-February. Seven of us from that interview are here right now. Adidas Pete interviewed after me, making at least 8 people currently enrolled who didn't interview until mid February. SDNers, for some reason, love scaring applicants with false rumors.

are you saying they had 7 seats out of 75 available? or was that a typo? 7 seats doesnt seem like much to be excited about.