1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Are there guidelines for when to retake classes?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by woohoo, Apr 23, 2002.

1. woohoo

woohoo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Oh how I miss the search function! I'm pretty sure I blew my grade in second semester gen chem. I was calculating my grade and even if I did well on the final, the highest I can get is a C-, but I think a D is pretty likely. It was the stupid little things that brought my grade down: a lazy lab partner, forgetting assignments, etc. I take full blame but I'm mad at myself cuz I know I'm smarter than a D. Anyways now I'm wondering if I should retake? I've remember other posts where the advice was to do better in upper level stuff but how do i do well in say, orgo, if I sucked at gen chem? Also is there any general advice on when to retake/not retake a class? Thank you sooooooooo much.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you got a D in general chemistry you will need to retake it. Medical schools require a satisfactory pass (C or higher) in all required coursework.

I think the two most important aspects of general chemistry that are required for organic chemistry are valence and acid/base chemistry. If you know these well you'll have a good foundation for organic chemistry.