Semicolon

OMS II
10+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2008
NYC
Status
Medical Student
This might be a stupid question, but I honestly don't know.

I've always heard of med students going to lecture, studying (a lot), and taking exams, but I've never heard of anyone having to write a paper in med school.

Are
there papers in med school? 'Cause I'd be absolutely fine with it if there weren't. :D

NPEMTIV

Accidentally Accepted
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2004
South Carolina
Status
Fellow [Any Field]

I've always heard of med students going to lecture, studying (a lot), and taking exams, but I've never heard of anyone having to write a paper in med school.

Are
there papers in med school? 'Cause I'd be absolutely fine with it if there weren't. :D
There can be some. I guess it depends on where you go, but we have case studies that we have to write up and sometimes maybe some extra credit. Not really large papers though.

About the Ads

spicedmanna

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2006
Somewhere over the rainbow
Status
Attending Physician
There can be some. I guess it depends on where you go, but we have case studies that we have to write up and sometimes maybe some extra credit. Not really large papers though.
Yeah, we have some (short essays) at my school, too, but they aren't really of consequence.

Last edited:

Eudjinn

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Status
Attending Physician

Are
not at nycom

yellowtibby

MS I
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2007
Connecticut
Status
Medical Student
I know that you will probably be writing papers if you undertake research during medical school, which an appreciable amount of students participate in (or at least that's what i'm told, also depends on the med school).

I would definitely take a test over writing a long paper.

MossPoh

Textures intrigue me
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
Tally/Willkillya County
psu.facebook.com
Status
Medical Student
Depends on the school. I know there are papers at a few. I've seen/heard the students working on them. Not necessarily a bad thing since most science majors I've met still struggle to write a coherent and concise essay. You will use some form of writing during your career.

ILikeFood

NSU Class of 2013
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2008
Status
Depends on the school. I know there are papers at a few. I've seen/heard the students working on them. Not necessarily a bad thing since most science majors I've met still struggle to write a coherent and concise essay. You will use some form of writing during your career.
Ain't dat da truf.

I once edited a paper by a biochemistry-cell biology major with a 3.8 gpa. The horror, the horror.

gildas

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2002
Mesa Az
Status
Medical Student
We actually have projects and group assignments that we write up. Nothing major though.

About the Ads