Are There Papers in Medical School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Semicolon

OMS II
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This might be a stupid question, but I honestly don't know.

I've always heard of med students going to lecture, studying (a lot), and taking exams, but I've never heard of anyone having to write a paper in med school.

Are
there papers in med school? 'Cause I'd be absolutely fine with it if there weren't. :D

Members don't see this ad.

I've always heard of med students going to lecture, studying (a lot), and taking exams, but I've never heard of anyone having to write a paper in med school.

Are
there papers in med school? 'Cause I'd be absolutely fine with it if there weren't. :D

There can be some. I guess it depends on where you go, but we have case studies that we have to write up and sometimes maybe some extra credit. Not really large papers though.

Members don't see this ad :)
There can be some. I guess it depends on where you go, but we have case studies that we have to write up and sometimes maybe some extra credit. Not really large papers though.

Yeah, we have some (short essays) at my school, too, but they aren't really of consequence.

Last edited:

Are

not at nycom

I know that you will probably be writing papers if you undertake research during medical school, which an appreciable amount of students participate in (or at least that's what i'm told, also depends on the med school).

I would definitely take a test over writing a long paper.

Depends on the school. I know there are papers at a few. I've seen/heard the students working on them. Not necessarily a bad thing since most science majors I've met still struggle to write a coherent and concise essay. You will use some form of writing during your career.

Depends on the school. I know there are papers at a few. I've seen/heard the students working on them. Not necessarily a bad thing since most science majors I've met still struggle to write a coherent and concise essay. You will use some form of writing during your career.

Ain't dat da truf.

I once edited a paper by a biochemistry-cell biology major with a 3.8 gpa. The horror, the horror.

We actually have projects and group assignments that we write up. Nothing major though.