Are there phones at St. George's??

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by walrus, Oct 6, 2002.

1. walrus

walrus Member

This may be a totally stupid and ridiculous question, but I've heard that SGU students don't really have access to phones. How do SGU students communicate with family/friends back in the states? Are there cheap long distance carriers, or cell phone plans down there?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. walrus

walrus Member

Come on here!!! How hard a question is this? The fact that no one is answering really scares me. How the hell can people spend months on an island away from family and friends without a way to communicate with them?

4. VijayEM

VijayEM Junior Member

i had a friend who went there. of course there are phones.....calls are kind of expensive so i think you can use calls sparingly and do more talking using yahoo messenger voice chat.

5. h_thieme

h_thieme New Member

I'm a 4th yr SGU student...you can get phones in your room in Grenada, its $$$ and requires a deposit, but its definitely do-able. I had my own phone line each semester I was down there.

If you have other questions, drop me a line.