walrus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2002
Status (Visible)
This may be a totally stupid and ridiculous question, but I've heard that SGU students don't really have access to phones. How do SGU students communicate with family/friends back in the states? Are there cheap long distance carriers, or cell phone plans down there?

walrus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2002
Status (Visible)
Come on here!!! How hard a question is this? The fact that no one is answering really scares me. How the hell can people spend months on an island away from family and friends without a way to communicate with them?

VijayEM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2001
Status (Visible)
i had a friend who went there. of course there are phones.....calls are kind of expensive so i think you can use calls sparingly and do more talking using yahoo messenger voice chat.

h_thieme

15+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2002
Status (Visible)
I'm a 4th yr SGU student...you can get phones in your room in Grenada, its $$$ and requires a deposit, but its definitely do-able. I had my own phone line each semester I was down there.

If you have other questions, drop me a line.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.