Are there ppl out there still working on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Akshay

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
meaning you still havnt turned in your AMCAS applications? TMDSAS?

If yes, what deadlines have you set to do this??

what do you predict the general time line will be like? as in "date submit applications" "date verfied" "date I'll get my 1st secondary"

Working full-time and studyin for MCAT here, stressed out about being "late" :eek:
My plan is to turn in AMCAS/TMDSAS by Jul 15, get it verified by August, not sure about secondaries because I'm takin the August MCAT!

Members don't see this ad.

CHILL OUT. It's early July, your application will still be considered very early. Don't believe everyone on sdn who says if you don't submit by June 1 you're screwed. You'll be fine!

Akshay said:

what do you predict the general time line will be like? as in "date submit applications" "date verfied" "date I'll get my 1st secondary"

Working full-time and studyin for MCAT here, stressed out about being "late" :eek:
My plan is to turn in AMCAS/TMDSAS by Jul 15, get it verified by August, not sure about secondaries because I'm takin the August MCAT!
Yes, I'm trying to turn in my AMCAS this week.....I'm a little behind b/c I just decided a couple of weeks ago that I would apply this admissions cycle, rather than wait a year
Just keep swimming! :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Em and Cheerful energy

@EM1 .... truly inspired by your mdapp profile!!

July 15th is great, a lot of schools don't even send out secondaries right away. They do have rolling admissions, but I'm sure med schools hold A LOT of applications waiting to see an excellent app like yours cross their desk :)

I'm going to be an MS2 and the year I applied, I submitted AMCAS Oct 15th and got 7 interviews so chillax!! I obviously don't recommend waiting until then but any time by the end of Aug is fine I'm sure.. don't stress! :)

Akshay said:

I'll be submitting mine within the next 3 days.

I'm still working on mine as well. I'm hoping to submit mid July if possible, otherwise right before August when I'll be going on vacation with my family. That's the plan because if I don't submit before the trip I'll be miserable thinking about it the whole time.

I set my deadline as July 15th. I'm sick of all the people around here claiming that if you did not submit it on June 5th then you're SOL and JWF. It gets annoying after awhile. Maybe if it were true there'd be a reason for them to say it, but since it's not...

Everyone chill. I submitted my AMCAS last year on August 20th. You will be fine!

Akshay said:

Still haven't submitted mine. I set my deadline for June 15. I'm a horrible procrastinator though and when you can change the "deadline" by snapping you're fingers mine changes often.... :)

I hope to be finished with my PS tomorrow, but I think I'm going to wait until this weekend to make sure that everything else is in order.

It's hard not to stress out after reading SDN though...especially with all the threads about secondaries etc....just keep in mind that a primary submitted during the 3rd week of July is still considered early....nothing to worry about....

you're each a life saver!! I've been flippin out abt apps and havent been payin much attention to MCAT!.....now I've got my priorities straight!

Thanks much ya'll !! :love: :love: :love: