• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

bbpiano1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2005
Status (Visible)
Just wondering if there are any programs out there that allow residents to wear scrubs (even when they're not doing specials).

bbpiano1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2005
Status (Visible)
Sort of. I feel really hot in dress clothes and I'm usually sweating half the day, especially with the white coat. As a resident, I'd prefer not to be sticky all the time if at all possible.

About the Ads

discontinuebed

10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
I've always found the dark reading rooms to be chilly.

That being said, not having to play dress up can shave a good 30 mins in the morning that I can reallocate towards sleep

IheartCaffeine

I really do.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2005
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Just wondering if there are any programs out there that allow residents to wear scrubs (even when they're not doing specials).

i did an away rotation at long island jewish hospital in NY. most (if not all) the residents there were wearing scrubs, even the ones not doing procedures. i hate 3rd year attire. can't wait to trade my neatly pressed pants and ties in for scrubs and crocs.

Danbo1957

10+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2008
Austin, Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Yes, there are many programs now that allow residents to wear scrubs. For years, many doctors here in Texas have been wearing clothing like Dr. Cox wears in the television show Scrubs, colored t-shirt, cargo pants and athletic shoes.

Dr_Perry_Cox_Scrubs.jpg

:)

schan

radRounds.com CoFounder
Partner Organization
10+ Year Member
May 1, 2008
New York
www.radrounds.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
:) Haha... Yes, many programs allow you to wear scrubs - I would say a majority but not all. I used to let my residents wear scrubs 100% of the time.

Steve

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.