are there some Chinese people here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xijin

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,I am a Chinese student studying at Shandong University of Traditional Chinese Medicine,I want to America to study surgery,Nerve Surgery or Plastic Surgery,how to do?Who can help me??
thanks a lot!!

Members don't see this ad.

are you studying traditional chinese medicine such as herbs and acupuncture? If you are, i am pretty certain that you would NOT be able to come to the U.S. to do surgical training. Your education needs to be in western medicine and not in eastern medicine.

try <a href="http://www.aamc.org" target="_blank">www.aamc.org</a> (or tomorrowsdoctors.org). If you want to practice one of those specialties in America, you will most likely need to go to a Western Medical School. You can find information on how to do that on those websites. You may find information on whether or not your college credits are transferrable. Some schools take International Students, others, not. I know some doctors come from China and need only to take the board exam for their specialty, but I think that this may be becuase they studied western medicine in China. Good luck! PM me if you have more questions. What Universities in China have western medical schools? I would like to do a rotation there.