Are these books good enough for the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dartmed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I just wanted some opinions...any input and criticism will be appreciated.

Biology: TPR (this book is amazing imo) - enough details, but supplementing with TBR practice material

General Chemistry: TBR (nothing can top this)

Physics: I have NO IDEA. I was thinking TBR? Any thoughts? Would EK be better?

Organic Chemistry: TBR? Idk about this either. I feel like there aren't really any books that do a good job of Organic. Any thoughts?

Verbal - EK 101 and TPR book

TPR Science WB, TPR FL, Kaplan FL, and AAMC

Members don't see this ad.

That's basically identical to what I used and I felt prepared going into the exam. For physics and ochem I used TBR. I thought their ochem book was a bit overkill though and have to admit I only read about half of it and relied on what I had learned in ochem class and lab.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Hey folks,

I just wanted some opinions...any input and criticism will be appreciated.

Biology: TPR (this book is amazing imo) - enough details, but supplementing with TBR practice material

General Chemistry: TBR (nothing can top this)

Physics: I have NO IDEA. I was thinking TBR? Any thoughts? Would EK be better?

Organic Chemistry: TBR? Idk about this either. I feel like there aren't really any books that do a good job of Organic. Any thoughts?

Verbal - EK 101 and TPR book

TPR Science WB, TPR FL, Kaplan FL, and AAMC

For Physics, TBR or NOVA would be best. I've also used TPR and EK for physics and thought TPR was better than EK in physics.

For Organic Chem, I would recommend TBR or TPR, but not EK since I feel much of the material was rushed. If you're very strong in Orgo, then you can use EK.

For Verbal, TPR hyperlearning is great.