Are these considered low or mid tiered schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ectsnow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking to add a broader range of schools to my list...would you say these schools are considered the "low tier" schools? If not, what would you guys recommend I add?

Penn state
SUNY buffalo
Rush
Rosalind
Jefferson
GWY

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

um no

forget 'tiers' they are utterly meaningless in determining your school list. Look at median MCAT and GPA, you stats should be relatively closely aligned.

even schools with median stats significantly lower than yours can ignore you since they assume you just applied to them as a safety

Reactions: 3 users
Lets just say they're more willing to accept < avg candidates (MCAT <33, GPAs < 3.6); their spreads for the 10-90th 5iles are wider than, say, Pitt or Harvard.

So how about we call them Wide-Spread, Medium-Spread, and Narrow-Spread?

Penn state
SUNY buffalo
Rush
Rosalind
Jefferson
GWY

Members don't see this ad :)
GWU gets so many apps, I would not bother applying unless you are truly interested in the program.

I wouldn't focus on tiers for your individual purposes, look at what schools accept your gpa/mcat range from your state and their mission fit, it isn't like any of these programs are bad or low quality.

Look at MSAR and search MCAT scores starting from the lowest, make sure to double check OOS generosity. Off the top of my head NYMC and EVMS are along those lines