This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zman9246

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
FullSizeRender.jpg

DAT SCORES
PAT 27
QR 24
RC 20
Bio 24
GChem 18
Ochem 19
TS 20
AA 21

Hello everyone,
I took the DAT earlier this year and now that I am starting the application process, I am a bit anxious about my scores. I am an adult student, my GPA is about 3.3 and I still have 4th year of undergrad to complete. I dont have any extracurricular activities, but I am a bit of an unusual case because I have been a dental hygienist for 8 years and now I am applying to dental school. I have worked 20 to 25 hours through out my undergrad years and I was hoping that my experience in the dental field along with a strong DAT score could eclipse my mediocre GPA. I am just worried that my score looks a bit inconsistent because I lost track of time during the natural science section and had to rush through the end, that is the reason for the relatively weak Gchem and Ochem scores. I guess I just want to assess what my chances are of getting an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Only a 27 on the PAT? Come on man.
Sorry man, I dont mean to come off as humble bragging, I know the areas I did well in. I just thought that given my specific case (which I have mentioned above) Is this a competitive score overall.

How do you study for the PAT??
There is no secret to this, just practice. I started off not liking this section because it was a bit unusual but I ended up enjoying it the most. It was like a game. oh an I've heard people say that crack dat was too easy or not good enought, I thought it was just fine.

It is definitely competitive. Apply broadly and you are golden.

Sorry man, I dont mean to come off as humble bragging, I know the areas I did well in. I just thought that given my specific case (which I have mentioned above) Is this a competitive score overall.
I was kidding around, but yes I'd say you're fine. Good job.

Ur good just apply early , I didn't have w choice last year, but if I did , I would allied as early as possible lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
How late did you apply? I am taking the physics prerequisite which wont be finished until august and I talked to someone from aadsas who said that the application is not marked complete until all the prereqs, letters of recommendation, and DAT scores are in the file?

I applied last August, I just finished physics now , u can take physics in the year that your applying , so like ur last year of college, as long as it's complete when u matriculate , so apply June 1st haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
ok that is really helpful to know. thank you!