1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Are these physics topics even on the MCAT?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Barfalamule, May 6, 2007.

1. Barfalamule

Barfalamule Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Sans a couple of descretes, I have seen nothing on magnetism, capacitors and circuits on the MCAT. Pressure in the form of Bernoullis is also lacking. Are these topics just not that big of a deal on the MCAT? I'm just not seeing a lot of Physics 2. Also, thermodynamics in the form of work, adiabatic processes, heat dispersion, etc. hasn't shown up at all. I'm thinking last minute study on these just to memorize equations, but as far as relearning...there are better things to be doing with my time.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. singkri

2+ Year Member

Really? cs, I just did AAMC 8 there was a reference to thermodynamics in one passage.. not too detail though. magnetism and circuits I have definitely seen, cant remember which tests though- I think u shd go thro them nevertheless, bcs usually for me the things i dont prepare are the things that show up:laugh:

4. jochi1543

jochi1543 President, Gunner Central
    2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    I've definitely seen circuits on the MCAT, as well as capacitors. In fact, my April 12 had a good 5 questions on capacitors and circuits, so it's a pretty high yield topic. And I'm pretty positive that the AAMC 3 and 9 had a few as well (didn't take any other AAMCs).