are these salary figures accurate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brodaiga

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
check out deltaplacement.com

the salaries offered seem much higher than averages posted in other places for different specialties. maybe because the jobs are in the middle of nowhere?

Members don't see this ad.

from my experience at physician consulting firms most of the opportunities are in smaller cities/towns that have trouble recruiting physicians but this is not always the case. MerrittHawkins.com seems to be one of the bigger players in physician consulting they come out with their own physician salary reports.

check out deltaplacement.com

the salaries offered seem much higher than averages posted in other places for different specialties. maybe because the jobs are in the middle of nowhere?

Hint -- anything with "placement" in the name is not going to be particularly accurate. The placement firms only make money if people call them -- it's a sales job. So they very often, if not always, put the "too good to be true" jobs on the website as advertising. Then when you call, that particular job is no longer available, but they have one "almost as good" with a much more average salary etc. Don't go to these sites for accuracy, that's just the bait.

Hint -- anything with "placement" in the name is not going to be particularly accurate. The placement firms only make money if people call them -- it's a sales job. So they very often, if not always, put the "too good to be true" jobs on the website as advertising. Then when you call, that particular job is no longer available, but they have one "almost as good" with a much more average salary etc. Don't go to these sites for accuracy, that's just the bait.

I don't know about the other firms out there... i worked at one of these firms before going to medical school. the jobs on the website are exactly what they offer. a lot of the jobs are in "undesirable locations". You would be surprised how many doctors spend years in medical school and training only to want a job in downtown san fran and expect to be paid in the 90th MGMA percentile.

the only thing worse than the physician shortage is the unequal distribution of physicians across the country

Agree with the comment about physician maldistribution. You can make some good bank working in a small town several hours from a big city, particularly in the South or Midwest in certain states. However, not a lot of docs want to live in those places.

Agree with the comment about physician maldistribution. You can make some good bank working in a small town several hours from a big city, particularly in the South or Midwest in certain states. However, not a lot of docs want to live in those places.

I want to live in one of those places in the South....

Not the Midwest though.....too cold and no beaches....:eek: